What's new

Buying Domains With Page Rank

AusSi

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience in buying domains names that have page rank? Is this even possible?
I signed up to drop because I thought I might find some domains in here but these domains are all expired so i can even check if they used to have page rank?

I know buying aged domains is huge for .com domains and it can be done through godaddy, how do you do the same thing here?

Any help / advice would be greatly appreciated.

Chris.C

Top Contributor
I posted this in your intro thread but it's probably more appropriate here:

In regards to the sorts of domains you are looking for, I'm not an expert in the field of buying aged domains with PR (some guys on these forums might be though), but I would be careful to buy domains for only those reasons.

There seems to be some anecdotal evidence that Google discounts authority of domains when they change hands, particularly if they are expired or the content on the domains is changed once the transfer has taken place.

It would be worth doing a bit of reading into before dropping big money on those sorts of domains. If you do follow it up please do share your findings with the rest of us.

PS here are a couple more recent articles on a similar tangent:

http://www.seroundtable.com/archives/021832.html
http://www.webmasterworld.com/google/4219389.htm

I was wondering if anyone has any experience in buying domains names that have page rank? Is this even possible?
My limited understanding (please get other advice) is that when you buy an active website with pagerank after an owner transfers the pagerank remains relatively similar.

That said when it comes to expire domains my limited understanding is that Google resets the authority of the domain to a large degree.

I think this was largely brought about because people used to buy up expiring domains with link juice and 301 them to other sites to build authority. So now Google largely discounts authority from expired domains and also discounts link juice from 301's to a degree:

http://www.seroundtable.com/archives/021832.html

At the end of the day PR doesn't count for anything in my eyes. I focus on dollars first, then SERPs, then PR. Too many people think PR is the be all end all. The figure in your bank balance matters more than the figure on the toolbar.

;)

I signed up to drop because I thought I might find some domains in here but these domains are all expired so i can even check if they used to have page rank?
Just look for domains that have a bunch of links. The more links they had the higher the likelihood they had PR. Drop normally report the number in the email they send out.

I know buying aged domains is huge for .com domains and it can be done through godaddy, how do you do the same thing here?
Visit NetFleet.

Also if you want an already developed website you could try flippa. If you just want Australian domains just refine your search for ".com.au" - that said there aren't many Aussie sites for sale on their given you need an ABN to buy Australian domains.

soj

Founder
Drop.com.au also have secondary domain auctions, which aren't expiring domains, so would have the age factor, without being reset like dropped domains. Maybe Andrew could give us a hint on when the next auction will be happening.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member