What's new

But if it doesn't sell ?

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
I think it should be the seller who deletes the domain name after a 'sale'

As has happened before i think the sale i am expecting will fall through ??

Although according to netfleet because i accepted the offer it is sold and no longer listed, if it is re-listed it is not even credited with a previous offer/sale

Just saying the system is easier if the seller deletes the name from their account if the sale falls through

Mark

Top Contributor
Sorry spacey, didn't see this post until now.

If you want an answer quickly it is always best to email support directly as that is what we closely monitor.

I'm not entirely sure what you are asking...but we can easily relist a domain name for you, ensuring that past offer history is maintained? I don't know what you mean by sellers deleting domain names after a sale?

Cheers, Mark

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
I am saying after someone accepts the price the domain disappears from the sales listings but sometimes as we know the buyer may not fork out the funds, if the name has had lots of previous bids and the name has to be relisted the bids are lost .... yes or no ??

simply saying if the seller had the option to delete the name themselves there is not the chance of this happening

Are you with me ?

I guess if you can assure the previous history can be relisted there is no issue other than the time it takes

Cheers

Last edited:

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Spacey may be right. Might be best to have it listed as "pending sold for 7 days" and give it 7 days for the domain owner to update to sold or have it go back to Live for sale. This way sales close within a set period and the seller keeps the sale progressing with other potential bidders..

When sales fall through the owner should not be disadvantaged and should be able to keep other interested buyers on the backburner until it is all paid for etc.

"Pending Sold for 7 days" could solve this problem

DavidL

Top Contributor
I don't think out of 100+ sales on Netfleet I've ever had a sale fall through. I don't think there's a problem this end (ie buyer not completing) as long as you are professional and prompt as the seller.

Spacey isn't the problem with your sale not going through because, although it was listed on Netfleet, you negotiated directly with the seller via email? This leaves more room for dispute because it may not be 100% clear who is paying cor, is gst included etc?

The main prob is the other way - sellers not completing because their situation has changed since they listed the domain. I know we've discussed various waysbto address this in other threads

Mark

Top Contributor
I am saying after someone accepts the price the domain disappears from the sales listings but sometimes as we know the buyer may not fork out the funds, if the name has had lots of previous bids and the name has to be relisted the bids are lost .... yes or no ??

We can easily relist a domain name for you, ensuring that past offer history is maintained. Just let us know. Could be good to have a relist function I agree, but currently we can just do manually. It is quite rare this happens to be honest, so whether it is worth having this developed is debatable.

Did you call and email the buyer?

I also think the problem here is not the ability to relist, but holding buyers or sellers accountable and stopping this happening in the first place. We have numerous initiatives in development surrounding domain ownership (and monitoring changes in ownership), orphaned listings, vetting buyer eligibility, clear terms and conditions etc etc that should minimise these situations.

Cheers
Mark

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads