1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Bulk invoices with Ventra and Charging twice?

Discussion in 'VentraIP.com.au' started by James, Dec 11, 2013.

1. James

James Membership: VIP

Hi,

So usually when I re new 30 domains in 1 days, I like the system US companies use where every thing is joined into one main invoice.

The other day I renewed 15 or so domains with ventra and they split the invoices up into seprate ones, and the issue is their payment system lags a bit so I ended up paying twice for a domain. Now I put a message into support about it have not heard any thing no worrying much.

The thing is why does Ventra IP not have a bulk domain payment option if you own 100 domains for example you want to renew 30 in one day it is annoying splitting invoices one by one.

2. sapo

sapo Membership: Community

Do you use their wholesale or their retail platform?

Under wholesale, you just get one invoice the amount you prepay your account.

3. Mick

Mick Membership: Community

Wholesale also allows you to 'tick' the ones you want renewed from a list of domains <90 days and they're done, unlike retail where you need to visit each domain and renew it.

We recommend customers with a large number of domains to use wholesale for that purpose as the bulk features allow better management.

4. James

I use the retail one, yeah no option it seems like the wholesale one. I wouldn't call 70 or so domains a lot.

Also how do you get refunded, I logged a message but seems no one replies, quicker to get a response here or on Whirlpool.

5. sapo

I've got about 300 domains in the Ventra IP wholesale platform, and wouldn't want to go back to the retail platform. Wholesale isn't perfect (doesn't compete with the platform I use for non .au/.nz domains), but it works well enough and is worth the yearly fee, even around the 70 domain mark IMHO.

I've used the VIP support messaging system on both the retail and wholesale platforms and usually got responses very fast. None of them were about refunds though, so that may be why ;)

6. zhenjie

zhenjie Membership: VIP

Certainly been frustrated about the lack of combined invoices with VentraIP retail. Makes payment hard because you can't use your Credit Card multiple times as it flags it as fraud generally.

7. Mick

Mick Membership: Community

Any feedback you're able to provide or features you'd like to see that the other registrar provides?

8. sapo

Hi Mick,

I've submitted quite a few RFE's over the past year, over half of those have been implemented, and most quite quickly too. So I'm happy with that.

The other RFE's were put on hold for the moment. From memory they were:
    • a contacts database (update a contact in one spot and it populates to all the domains they are linked too)
    • DNS server groups / predefined DNS server configs
    • Enable / disable auto-renew for all domains
    • Filtering options for the domains under management. e.g. based on registrant, ABN, TLD

These are all features provided by our other registrar (OpenProvider).

Cheers,
    Ed

9. James

Thanks another person having the same issue =)