What's new

Bulk Bid Bug?

johno69

Top Contributor
Today I entered my highest bid amount on 3 domains. They were not high bids by any means.

I entered the bids and used the "Bulk Bid" button.

2 sold for more than my bid, but one sold for less, but I was not the winner.

Looks like only one of the 3 bids actually stuck.

I just got the email "Unfortunately you were outbid on these names. It is important to respond to outbid emails and watch the close of auction, to ensure you do not miss out."

But only one of the domains were listed there.

Is the system struggling with bulk bids under the load of the final moments?

AnthonyP

Top Contributor
I am currently looking into an issue where connections are lost in the final seconds but it is proving to be hard to nail down due to the frantic nature of the final moments. Consider placing bids early or at least 1/2 your proxy bids early if you have to rely on snipe bidding.

johno69

Top Contributor
Today was more a case of getting there late so I decided to bulk bid and thought why not wait until the end.

Strange that hitting the "Bulk Bid" would register one bid out of 3 though.

AnthonyP

Top Contributor
Technically each bid is passed to the server on a separate connection and all at the same time. So it is perfectly possible for 1 or 2 out of 3 to make it and the others to fail. I am not 100% sure if it will help as it might be too late when bidding in the dying moments but I'll try to add code to retry when a broken connection is detected.

AnthonyP

Top Contributor
If anyone is affected by this again please let me know, either by support ticket or here.

Another symptom of this issue which occurs while you are browsing the site is a page with an error along the lines of "you have been unexpectedly disconnected".

I have not been disconnected since a fix was put in place on Wednesday evening so it seems to be resolved now.

Last edited:

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members