What's new

BreathTester.com.au

johno69

Top Contributor
Did this domain have a buy now of $27?

Along with WhiterTeeth.com.au & DesignCompanies.com.au ?

Strange if they did but I don't have the option to bid on these.

johno69

Top Contributor
That's crazy IMO. For the sake of $17 let them go with no BIN or Reserve.

Good domain I think.

findtim

Top Contributor
yeh, i was shocked to see that, the owner seems to be clearing out names right now tim

Chris.C

Top Contributor
LMAO!

I sold them, but I did it more as an experiment than to maximise return.

I put 4 domains up with no reserve and BINS today:

BreathTester.com.au
WhiterTeeth.com.au
DesignCompanies.com.au
CompanyForSale.com.au

All of those domains had been on the AMA on previous occasions!

Though the previous listings hadn't been successful so I thought I'd try selling them with very low BINs.

First time I put them on they all had reserves but only DesignCompanies.com.au got a bid ($40), but it was below reserve, so they all passed in.

Then I decided to put DesignCompanies.com.au and CompanyForSale.com.au up for noreserve auction to see them fair between with noreserve (I don't know why I didn't put the other two up as well).

However quite ironically despite previously getting bid up to $40 the second time around it passed in when there was no reserve on it???

Anyway they both passed in.

But a couple of days ago I had success with a BIN (I previously thought BINs didn't work well so I was surprised it worked) so I thought why not throw a few more up using a low BIN in a noreserve auction to see what happens...

... and 3 out of the 4 sold. So I guess that is pretty pleasing to see its effectiveness.

Of course why DesignCompanies.com.au wasn't bid on when it was up for no reserve with no BIN is beyond me. I'm just putting it down to the fickleness of auction results.

As for why I chose $27, basically because I felt that these are the sorts of domains that I consider "so so" in that they might one person bidding on them, but they are unlikely to get three. And without at least three bidders you are unlikely to get a result over $50, because you need at least two bidding willing to spend $50 for the auction to get to $50.

So I thought, why not try and find one bidder who is willing to pay $27, than trying to find two who are willing to pay $50.

That's crazy IMO. For the sake of $17 let them go with no BIN or Reserve.
Sometimes not losing money and making a quick sale is more important as maximizing the sale price of a low ticket item.

These are domains I either registered or didn't pay much for. And they are domains that still COST me $20/year to keep. And if I'm not going to develop them or market them for sale and the prospects of someone contacting me to buy them are low, then my logic says why not just take $27 and move onto greener pastures.

Good domain I think.
If they were GREAT domains they would have fared better when they were previously listed.

the owner seems to be clearing out names right now
Nope - just experimenting.

:)

johno69

Top Contributor
I'd like to suggest posting them here for offers before having such low BIN prices.

I'd have paid more than $27 for that one thats for sure. A client of mine imports them and sells them on ebay. Hadn't seen it before on the auctions though.

I very rarely look at anything not on the "selling today" page. And tbh probably still won't.

Chris.C

Top Contributor
I'd like to suggest posting them here for offers before having such low BIN prices.
I've just found trying to sell domains via forums in the past to be a headache.

I'd rather just post them on NetFleet and be done with it as I have other tasks that are far more important.

I honestly just can't justify investing a lot of time or effort into trying to sell these sorts of domains for the sake of an extra $20 or $30.

I was a happy seller at $27, that's all that matters.

I'd have paid more than $27 for that one thats for sure. A client of mine imports them and sells them on ebay. Hadn't seen it before on the auctions though.
Well the domain will have a new owner in a day or two. A simple whois should supply you with their details, maybe if you double their money they'd be obliged to sell.

;)

And is that the only thing you client sells?

Why don't you (or anyone else) just send me a PM about what niches and industries you are interested in and I'll be happy to look through my portfolio and give you a great deal if I have something you like the look of.

I very rarely look at anything not on the "selling today" page. And tbh probably still won't.
You should tell NetFleet that so they know why their AMA domains don't perform as well, because I'm sure you are not the only one.

:rolleyes:

johno69

Top Contributor

The amount of time and lengthy posts you have here on DNT i'd have thought you'd be posting all your domains here.

I was a happy seller at $27, that's all that matters.

Fair enough.

And is that the only thing you client sells?

No.

Why don't you (or anyone else) just send me a PM about what niches and industries you are interested in and I'll be happy to look through my portfolio and give you a great deal if I have something you like the look of.

Last time I sent someone a list of what I was interested in they started out bidding me at the auctions and offering to sell me the names at 10x the winning bid.

You should tell NetFleet that so they know why their AMA domains don't perform as well, because I'm sure you are not the only one.

They are well aware of this.

Congrats on the sale, that is all.

Shane

Top Contributor

I've sold a few $x,xxx domains via the forums to DNT members, and in some of those cases the same domains had been listed on Netfleet for a few months with no offers!

So don't write off listing on DNT. Just keep it quiet so Chris doesn't start charging listing fees... ;)

findtim

Top Contributor
Last time I sent someone a list of what I was interested in they started out bidding me at the auctions and offering to sell me the names at 10x the winning bid.

yeh i've had that and it REALLY pisses me off, but i have also had many good deals via dnt at low$xxxx and high $xxx so i'm happy.

i don't think the "feedback score" that chris put in and EVERYONE WANTED !!! is being used enough.

i'll pick out spacey as i know he can take it, mate, did you give a feedback score for your deal this morning? or are you intending to ? i think you did one last month as well at the breakfast?

i'm not having a go at you spacey just pointing out an example of something we all wanted but don't seeem to be using.

i went and did a few "retro" feedbacks to get things started but my feedback score is currently zero, and i have done deals since as well... i'm still at zero ?

tim

chris

Top Contributor
yeh i've had that and it REALLY pisses me off, but i have also had many good deals via dnt at low$xxxx and high $xxx so i'm happy.

i don't think the "feedback score" that chris put in and EVERYONE WANTED !!! is being used enough.

i'll pick out spacey as i know he can take it, mate, did you give a feedback score for your deal this morning? or are you intending to ? i think you did one last month as well at the breakfast?

i'm not having a go at you spacey just pointing out an example of something we all wanted but don't seeem to be using.

i went and did a few "retro" feedbacks to get things started but my feedback score is currently zero, and i have done deals since as well... i'm still at zero ?

tim

Good point Tim, to be honest I haven't even used it myself yet but I'll take this as a good reminder to get on to it.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member