What's new

Bottle Domains unauthorised transfers

DomainMarketPlace

Top Contributor
12/May/2009
On 8 May 2009, Australian Style Pty Ltd trading as Bottle Domains sent an email to its resellers and customers advising that their domain names would be transferred to another registrar, known as Bottle Domains Pty Ltd .

On 9-11 May 2009, approximately 20,000 domain names were transferred from Australian Style Pty Ltd trading as Bottle Domains to Bottle Domains Pty Ltd. On transfer, all the Domain Name Passwords were changed.

auDA has found that these actions:
• breached the Transfers (Change of Registrar of Record) Policy (2003-03), because Bottle Domains Pty Ltd did not obtain the registrants’ consent to the transfer of their domain names; and
• breached the Domain Name Password Policy (2002-29), because Bottle Domains Pty Ltd did not obtain the registrants’ consent to change their Domain Name Passwords.

Accordingly, auDA has reversed the transfer of all domain names back to Australian Style Pty Ltd trading as Bottle Domains.

To protect registrants’ domain names, auDA has also:
• changed the Domain Name Passwords
• “transfer locked” the domain names so that they cannot be transferred to another registrar without the registrants’ consent.

auDA has sent an email to all affected registrants explaining what has happened, and notifying them of their new Domain Name Password.

auDA is continuing to investigate the events of 8-11 May, and will take further action as appropriate.

http://www.auda.org.au/news-archive/auda-12052009/

Last edited:
If your domains are currently with Bottle and you are wishing to transfer them out all you need to do is contact the auDA directly via email info@auda.org.au or phone 1300 732 929.

This is required as all domains with bottle currently have an auDA transfer lock on them which only they can manually remove from their end upon your transfer request.

ecommercereport

Bottle, Australian Style and Bottle Domains confusion

auDA's latest announcement viz Bottle Domains is a tad confusing.

I think what has happended is that Nick Bolton tried to transfer the registration of his Bottle customers domains to one of his other auDA accredited registrars - Bottle Domains.

From the customers standpoint there wouldn't be much difference. Their name would still be with Bottle - just Bottle Domains.

Anyone checking out the two sites - i.e. www.bottle.com.au and www.bottledomains.com.au - can see they are virtually identical.

Even so, this sort of unauthorised transfer of registrars, i.e without having first asked the domain owners, is very bad form.

And it'd be hard to argue auDA is well within its rights to have not only reversed the move, but blocked domain transfers on these domains as well.

Wouldn't it?

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
problem is that when you perhaps go to domaincentral to manage a name you cant !

so i jumped on live chat to sort it out .... half an hour later still waiting, forget that

Decided just move them to intaserve , enough is enough

my email from the auda said if you want to transfer just contact us

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members