What's new

Bolton's bolt-ons are turning to mush

Max

Top Contributor
**A COMPANY controlled by Nicholas Bolton has gone into liquidation with debts exceeding $635,000, including a $385,000 tax bill and $250,000 of superannuation that has not been paid to staff.

In February this year, creditors put Bolton's Australian Style Services into liquidation. The majority of Bolton's staff, including those working for the Bottle Domains domain name company he founded as a teenager, were paid by Australian Style Services.

Bottle Domains lost a legal battle with auDA, the governing body of domain names registrations in Australia.**

http://www.smh.com.au/business/boltons-boltons-are-turning-to-mush-20100330-rbmk.html

DavidL

Top Contributor
Nice find, Max.

Not sure the article is all that accurate though. For one, it refers to Australian Style Services as being a 'bolt-on' - does that mean a sort of side company to the major company in the group? I was under the impression that the registrar side of things was what grew the company in the first place. Of course from the SMH side of things, Brisconnections was what brought them into the spotlight.

One obvious inaccuracy is
...cost Bottle its ability to register internet domain names.

They are still registering domain names as far as I can see.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Nice find, Max.

Not sure the article is all that accurate though. For one, it refers to Australian Style Services as being a 'bolt-on' - does that mean a sort of side company to the major company in the group? I was under the impression that the registrar side of things was what grew the company in the first place. Of course from the SMH side of things, Brisconnections was what brought them into the spotlight.

One obvious inaccuracy is

They are still registering domain names as far as I can see.

its a great magic act , one minute it's bottledomains next it's bottle and don't forget domaincentral on top of australian style ? ......i'm confused

Lorenzo

Top Contributor
I read he received $4.5 MILLION in the BrisConnection game.

So, how come he does not pay his debts?

Max

Top Contributor
Bolton loses his battle for Bottle

**A COMPANY controlled by Nicholas Bolton has gone into liquidation with debts exceeding $635,000, including a $385,000 tax bill and $250,000 of superannuation that has not been paid to staff.

In February this year, creditors put Bolton's Australian Style Services into liquidation. The majority of Bolton's staff, including those working for the Bottle Domains domain name company he founded as a teenager, were paid by Australian Style Services.

Bottle Domains lost a legal battle with auDA, the governing body of domain names registrations in Australia.**

http://www.smh.com.au/business/boltons-boltons-are-turning-to-mush-20100330-rbmk.html

On Monday, auDa will take over about 10,000 customers who registered domain names through Mr Bolton's company, Australian Style. The transfer can go ahead because three Court of Appeal judges yesterday threw out an appeal by Australian Style, which trades as Bottle Domains.

http://www.smh.com.au/business/bolton-loses-his-battle-for-bottle-20100723-10ozh.html

geodomains

Top Contributor
Yes got an email yesterday from Bottle to transfer my 10 domains to DC, thought something must have happened.

Don

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member