What's new

Bloomberg and Reuters publish IDNX !

fcdoms

Now, thanks to Thies Lindenthal (MIT researcher and economist) and Sedo, domains are now listed like other market indices.

The IDNX is live and open to view by everyone on Bloomberg and Reuters.

Big day. Thought you all might like to see this.

FTA:

"This is the first index of 'virtual real estate' constructed using the same types of econometric techniques that have been pioneered for tracking prices of 'real real estate' and that work well in that context. I think this is a great next step into the new frontier!" said Professor David Geltner, Director of Research at MIT's Center for Real Estate.

IDNX is currently available on Bloomberg and Reuters under IDNX and .IDNX, respectively. As with all indices featured on their sites, IDNX can only be viewed by those with valid Bloomberg or Reuters accounts. To view and interact with IDNX now, go to http://sedo.com/idnx .

findtim

Top Contributor
great info thanks.

SO? did we all just get a pay rise today?

purposely an open ended question.

tim

fcdoms

Ah - did a quick look for idnx (must have munged my search). Cheers Ned.

BTW - anyone else having trouble finding it in Bloomberg and Reuters? What on earth am I doing wrong? Not may day for finding things (in a timely fashion! :)

I am glad it's getting to this point though. The wider investment market may now find more reason to bring further aggregate investment into the domain space.

Thies Lindenthal did a good job IMHO of making an easy to interpret index that would place domains into a context that market investors can clearly understand.

Clearly some upside here.

findtim

Top Contributor
no matter how i say this its going to come out wrong so forgive me before i start !

things like this do not happen overnight and do not happen without a large bunch of well educated people seeing value in it, we sit here and toss our opinions around but the real movers and shakers of the world create these dramatic changes in our market environment

the only reason this has happened is people see there is a bloody good buck to be earnt, its a signal that this business is here to stay and growing rapidly.

i started in this business in 2001, right at the time of the "dot com bubble" and shit it was hard, people would say to me " its a phase, just like yo yo's and the rubiks cube" HONEST !

i think maybe we are now entering into the "toddler" years of growth, everyones angry because they didn't pay attention and missed off about something, can't verbalise it properly and basically frustrated by "rules", but then we are now getting ready for the "school years" in the near future where the "puppy fat" has gone and theres actually some good communication happening

although the number of domain names being registered each day is MASSIVE, i don't think there is much intelligence behind most registrations, people and businesses are just grabbing at straws.

They are just registering domain names that relate to their business name that has no value online, they haven't shifted the paradigm, they are still working on the "yellow pages" mentality of marketing.

i'm going to end this rant here, sorry,

in closing, " good one chuck, great first quarter team effort, yippee and now lets go win the game"

tim

fcdoms

Thanks for that Tim, well said. Early days indeed.

If not for the GFC and the resistance to the web as a business model (old media distribution, print, publishing etc) we might have been well past this stage by now.

Having said that, I have no illusions about this affecting me, or most domain owners in the near term.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member