What's new

Bitcoin Smashes Through 18,000 USD. Where to From Here?

helloworld

Top Contributor
I sold my ETH today. Who knows if I got the timing right, only time will tell. Hopefully no one quotes this in the future when I am out on a ledge lol

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Back at 80K .....getting exciting, Nuggets News on Youtube predicts many of the Alt Coins will drop away again and Bitcoin will jump higher in the near future

Ash

Top Contributor
So where/how do I buy bitcoin? I have Googled it but I don't know which places are reputable? Bitcoin.com looks legit to me - do I just go ahead and use their site/app - or do you have any other recommendations?

Thanks!

Scott7

Top Contributor
So where/how do I buy bitcoin? I have Googled it but I don't know which places are reputable? Bitcoin.com looks legit to me - do I just go ahead and use their site/app - or do you have any other recommendations?

Thanks!
Bitcoin.com is to be avoided. They try and sell you 'Bitcoin Cash' BCH by default, which is not Bitcoin, but a fork of it. The real Bitcoin is BTC.

In my experience with various Australia exchanges, Coinspot.com.au is the most reliable, with the best user experience.

Once you get your Bitcoin, buy a Ledger or Trezor hardware wallet from trustworthy Australian supplier Coinstop.io. Next, transfer the Bitcoin from the exchange to the hardware wallet so that you control the private keys.

For more info, see this post.

Reactions: Ash

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Bitcoin.com is to be avoided. They try and sell you 'Bitcoin Cash' BCH by default, which is not Bitcoin, but a fork of it. The real Bitcoin is BTC.

In my experience with various Australia exchanges, Coinspot.com.au is the most reliable, with the best user experience.

Once you get your Bitcoin, buy a Ledger or Trezor hardware wallet from trustworthy Australian supplier Coinstop.io. Next, transfer the Bitcoin from the exchange to the hardware wallet so that you control the private keys.

For more info, see this post.
I happily agree with Scott and have done the same, coinspot then wallet

Ash

Top Contributor
Thanks @Scott7 and @Data Glasses

Really appreciate your advice here - I didn't understand the difference between Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin so that was super helpful.
Before seeing your reply I made a quick decision to go with Binance but I'm going to take a closer look at Coinspot.com.au and pick up one of the hardware wallets. Thank you!

Community sponsors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sundeckingau

Industry and community links