What's new

Bitcoin: Beyond The Bubble

chris

Top Contributor
I think we'll see hardware wallets keep improving and become more user friendly.

Key management is an interesting topic, I've heard of a few companies that offer it as a service. Don't know how they work though. They're the same companies that offer backup tape storage etc.

chris

Top Contributor
Sort of like a vault, but where they will collect your devices onsite and have a few checks for ID etc.

That said they're probably overkill for 99% of users. From what I've seen, a hardware wallet for offline storage is seen as best practice and more than adequate.

Bacon Farmer

Top Contributor
Scott, every adult you know has a bank account. I'm in good company.

Chris, at what level of value would you keep something around the house before you think about putting it in a secure location.

chris

Top Contributor
Chris, at what level of value would you keep something around the house before you think about putting it in a secure location.

Depends... some people are more cautious than others, I prefer to take extra steps whenever possible. I'm not talking tinfoil hat stuff, but 2 factor auth, encryption, etc.

findtim

Top Contributor
oldy but a goody
" a backup isn't a backup unless the backup is backedup " !

helena asked me for my tax file number this week, i grabbed my mobile and when to TFN as i set it as a phone number.

put your keys in your phone, people won't know what that number means ! your laptop, wifes laptop, wifes phone, paper at you mother in laws ! get a tattoo LOL

they a "dog chipping" kids with gps in the usa ! so go chip yourself !

i don't see the security problem
tim

Community sponsors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harry0124

Latest posts

Industry and community links