1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Bing...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by DomainMarketPlace, Jun 3, 2009.

1. DomainMarketPlace

DomainMarketPlace Membership: Community

Congratulations Microsoft on launching yet another inferior search engine.

The results seem to be heavily weighted on age. Also there are some spammy results in the SERP.. for example:

A search for 'sell domain names' in Australia.

Results 3-11 are holding pages for NetRegistry.

2. DavidL

DavidL Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Yeah it's a shame. Could do with some serious competition to Google.

re your example, they don't appear to be any more.... Of more concern is DMP showing above Netfleet - some serious flaws in that ranking algo ;)

On a more serious note, the search for 'buy domains' http://www.bing.com/search?q=buy+domains&form=QBRE&filt=rf has FIVE subdomains of domain.com.au listed in the top 7 results. Surely it wouldn't be that hard to ensure each website only returns one or two max results...

Maybe it's early days and we should cut them some slack while they sort things out. Presumably CTR will have a bif effect and that's something that's calculated over time...

3. DomainMarketPlace

see the bottom two results here:

[​IMG]

I can't see that, so maybe they are serving up different SERPs based on location?

4. DavidL

DavidL Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Yeah I saw the bottom 2, but not positions 3-11.

I think you must be right - must vary by location (using different data centres?).

Hopefully these poor results are due to teething problems rather than a fundamentally flawed algorithm

5. DomainMarketPlace

my bad i meant 3/11 results 9-11