What's new

Best legal way to handle something like this?

James

Top Contributor
So I have been using blog's, forums and websites for a long time.

I have built a reputation online as some one in the industry with 2 user names one more so from a professional front.

Now recently some one has been angry/ does not like me and decided to use my name and link to my site and sign up to a bunch of forums and start commenting on blogs with damaging comments, trying to "act like me".

This "person" is going to competition in my market and posting idiotic/silly and damaging comments, in turn making me look bad.

What is the best way to approach this from a legal point of view, I know we have a few legal members on here with experience in this area.

Funny thing is this guy actually commented on a friends agency's site, so he brought this to my attention.

James

Top Contributor
Haha not some one is using my first name + Last name, then my URL and going out to all these websites posting damaging things which does not look good at all.

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
Sorry to hear that James, very cowardly.

I'm far from a legal expert, but you're going to encounter difficulties trying to prevent it from happening.

Did your friends site capture the users IP?

James

Top Contributor
Sorry to hear that James, very cowardly.

I'm far from a legal expert, but you're going to encounter difficulties trying to prevent it from happening.

Did your friends site capture the users IP?

Yeah I am not too worried, but it does not look good at all from a professional point of view.

Yeah I have requested the IP from this user.

Ash

Top Contributor
defamationofcharacter.com.au - 590 exacts... must happen a bit!

Hope you can sort it out quickly and easily James!

James

Top Contributor
Funny thing is I actually had a private message from a guy who works at an Agency in the UK, he has noticed on two blogs some one is using my name once more and posting hurtful things.

This is defamation of character and I want to find out who it is, I have requested the IP.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo