What's new

Best Captcha

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
What is the best type of captcha? A mathematical equation or the capitol and lower case letters combined with numbers?
~
Love to read your views thanks

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Thanks, this is for wordpress and so far the first two plugins i have tried need one or two api keys but when i try and retrieve them i get an error message (these appear to be google generated) ..... frustrating

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Fair dinkum, i open up the last post to edit and then add comments only to get 'it's been too long' and the post does not add the text ........ annoyed
~
I finally found a plugin that took me to google and i received two api keys and i was able to place some code into the header template but there is another snippet of code that needs to go at the end of the form that I want it to work on, this the logon/register form
~
Theme functions? I am at a dead end until i can place the second snippet and going by my past record ...success is highly unlikely !

Last edited:

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Pete the question was asked after trying some captcha plugins and still having a number of 'russian' folk join up at Vidfie.com, it just wastes everyone's time, i am assuming it is a bot thing as there is a spam warning in place with the join up message when their password arrives. There must be something in the text that is getting their attention? I really need to know where the registration form is so that i can add the last snippet of code.

petermeadit

Top Contributor
Yeah spam a bad problem.
So Wordfence has a advanced blocking optuons page where you can ip address from certain countries or other advanced pattern matching.

There are other methods that involve a multi pronged approach. Use awstats and wordfence to drill into particulars of the traffic. Then you may need to implement some rules in your .htaccess file.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Yeah spam a bad problem.
So Wordfence has a advanced blocking optuons page where you can ip address from certain countries or other advanced pattern matching.

There are other methods that involve a multi pronged approach. Use awstats and wordfence to drill into particulars of the traffic. Then you may need to implement some rules in your .htaccess file.

Could be what I am looking for, cheers !!

petermeadit

Top Contributor
Please excuse my spelling mistakes here, I was using my Android at the time.

Start here anyways Spacey, at least you will see more detail of where the traffic is coming from. These options should work, but sometimes it take a fair bit of work to stop signup spam.
HTH

findtim

Top Contributor
gravity forms has a "sandbox" function i think, haven't had a chance to test it.

the basic idea is that a robot will fill in a field that can not be seen by humans, so the plugin knows it must be a robot and rejects the form input.
this thus discounts the need to inconvenience the humans with crappy letters/numbers or photos of some new york street address !!!
as soon as i get a chance i'll be moving to that system as i think its best for all concerned
tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members