What's new

banner ad production costs

findtim

Top Contributor
any graphic artists out there, what would a client expect to pay for this type of banner creation
http://www.specsavers.com.au/

1)

and smaller

2)

and smallerrrrr

3)

and more complex

4)

thanks, PM if you feel better doing that

tim

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
Agree you can get it for that. But I've seen agencies charge way more (depending on the client). Having said that design has be so devalued in recent times.

Locally I'd expect to pay $1,500+ for all 4 sizes, from an experience graphic artist with a basic grasp of online marketing..

BTW smaller shouldn't necessarily mean cheaper, as less real estate can make it harder to convey the message.

James

Top Contributor
Use Design Crowd or 99 Designs to make the banners is my guess.

Price you could have all 4 as part of a campaign with a budget of 700 range.

findtim

Top Contributor
Use Design Crowd or 99 Designs to make the banners is my guess.

Price you could have all 4 as part of a campaign with a budget of 700 range.

thanks, but i have found 99designs to have many people scamming it, they steal designs from stock libraries and then present them as their own.

i'll check out design crowd

thanks

tim

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
thanks, but i have found 99designs to have many people scamming it, they steal designs from stock libraries and then present them as their own.

i'll check out design crowd

thanks

tim

I've seen this too. One that stands out was a client who opened a few food stores, and had the logo including character sourced from 99designs.

After 15 seconds of Google image searching I found the original character which had been traced.

Not the best move when your starting a franchise.

I'm not against 99 designs, as I have seen it used well.

Due diligence required I guess.

James

Top Contributor
Yeah agree many do try and "rip" off the system and "rip" off content, that is why you need to do reverse image search on all images. I am surprised they do not have an API set up to automatically detect this type of activity.

Design Crowd is more high end, we did some work with them.

helloworld

Top Contributor
I've used 99designs. That was actually my main concern in using them. Elefant Trax record label had their elephant logo copied and used on a German site. I think 99 was the culprit in the end. So we paid for fewer more pro designers. They ended up copying off each other oddly enough.

Tim I think your pricing for os is about right for decent looking banners.

findtim

Top Contributor
I've used 99designs. That was actually my main concern in using them. Elefant Trax record label had their elephant logo copied and used on a German site. I think 99 was the culprit in the end. So we paid for fewer more pro designers. They ended up copying off each other oddly enough.

Tim I think your pricing for os is about right for decent looking banners.

i have a 2 new clients, thus the question, they each have a designer and they are each REALLY good, nothing i see them i dislike, so i'm going to try to weed out their charges and i'll post if possible.

i think they charge a lot so it will be interesting, i'm not ripping off their fee schedule just wanting to know it.

both of those web clients have recently approached me to "take over the work/role" and i have refused and replied " the person you have is GREAT stick with them "

both clients have been happy with my reply. my motto is "if you can't do better then say you can't, you'll gain respect and gain more business in what you are good at"

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member