What's new

Back ordered name?

noname

So,

I won a name on Netfleet. It was on the 4th page from memory which I thought was strange but thought nothing of it. It got the beautiful green tick and I received an invoice. I was then emailed 2 days later telling me that the name was on back order and listed by mistake.

I was refunded and that was that.

Is this normal? If so does it happen often?

Thanks Guys.

neddy

Top Contributor
That must have been very disappointing for you. I haven't experienced that personally.

Netfleet used to show "back ordered" on any name that was in that category. Not sure what they do these days? I'm sure Anthony will tell us though. :)

AnthonyP

Top Contributor
Sorry about that, this was a very abnormal occurrence and has only happened twice in 3 years. It is a very serious error and one we try to rectify as quickly as possible.

We used to show BACKORDER on our interface but now we just don't show the domain any more (unless there is a bug).

Backorders take precedence in our system, so we rectified this by correcting the bug and refunding the auction invoice.

smee

Top Contributor
If you were paranoid I guess you could think that some of these domain service providers or their employees could do something untoward.

AnthonyP

Top Contributor
I am so lucky that domainers are not a paranoid bunch ;-)

I estimate that I have been involved in the software development and processing of about 60 000 .au drop catches so far and I've had to correct less than 50 of these manually.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member