What's new

babysgotstyle.com.au

helloworld

Top Contributor
So I see this went for $1003.00 on netfleet.

Can anyone explain these dropped domains value in laymens terms.

I see the domain had a site since 2004.
Has medioca links
A new site would need to be built
etc etc

helloworld

Top Contributor
But this kinda thing happens every other day. I can understand the SEO value in some domains like the mccaffertys.com.au purchase but even then, the new owner hasn't done, what one would presume you would do immediatly on purchasing it.

This shit perplexs me. Is it just noobs or am I the noob? I guess that is also part of the answer I want haha

geodomains

Top Contributor
This shit perplexs me. Is it just noobs or am I the noob?

Yeah it's 9 years old domain which Google would like, has backlinks which Google would like. If I was thinking of opening a new online baby store , what better way to go.

You'd have to wait 6 months for a random new domain to rank and spend $1000 maybe on seo to get it ranking.

This one is trademarked which I would never have spent that money, to risky.

So may have been a newby.

Don

Philip Littlewood

Top Contributor
Whilst not totally related, I thought I would share this.

We recently sold www.partydresses.com.au to an end user, and quite often there is no activity on these names for considerable time. In this case, I received an email from the Buyer yesterday with the news that they had launched their site, and to thank me for my assistance in the whole process.

I am not a Developer, nor am I in the market for a party dress, but thought I would share

www.partydresses.com.au

Bacon Farmer

Top Contributor
Phil, you might want to suggest they chase Netregistry over the COR as the owner is still recorded as one of OMG's companies.

James

Top Contributor
This site use to be huge in the baby clothing niche, They had some ok links from blogs and social properties. But overall I think people are probably buying this for the referral traffic you could put up a blog about baby clothes and affiliate. I notice they also hold the trading name "baby got style PTY LTD" for the old business also trademark. (so risky)

Overall 1,000 probably a risk but I guess you can make the money back over time (if you don't get sued, I also notice many people asking about the site going down ect).

Further to this re the party dresses niche I was talking to some one in that niche recently doing like 200k sales per month, their is money in it.

findtim

Top Contributor
story/rumour :

four X , xxxx, bought out a "duff beer" ( simpsons ) many years ago ( as they had similar colours) , they calculated that by the time they got sued they would have sold enough to then stop production and just dip out on the trademark issue whilst making a good profit.

it worked

tim

James

Top Contributor
I noticed this domain already changed hands today for $2100. The problem is the old owner already stuffed the index status of the site, heaps you could have fixed as it had 5k pages indexed at one stage, also their is still a trademark on this domain.

I was at a lunch event last Saturday and I was talking with a guy who actually use t

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo