What's new

B2B, do you need a good domain?

findtim

Top Contributor
hi james, I didn't want to steal that other thread but liked your comment about
then you have a huge B2B market with commercial appliances, I know a few guys in digital in that space the market is really picking up.

just wanted to expand on that, in relation to applainces.com.au as an example. DO you REALLY need a kick ass domain if you are doing B2B business ?

because surely most of your clients are coming from connections?

I'm playing devils advocate here :) and interested in your view on this.

surely wholesale is a completely different game online, no connection, drop shipping, etc?

this is probably one type of business I would consider having "timsdentures.com.au" as a business model :D

interested to hear any comments/strategies

tim

James

Top Contributor
B2B does come down to connections and trade shows. But that been said their is also a HUGE market which deal in online marketing.

Example of most popular B2B marketing channels -

The comment was the domain I sold was to a B2B supplier of appliances, commercial appliances are big business. Yet Appliances.com.au as a domain is probably more suited to the mass market.

findtim

Top Contributor
thanks james , go info there in the graph
then you have a huge B2B market with commercial appliances, I know a few guys in digital in that space the market is really picking up.

I acknowledge that just to be clear.

what do people think? are we spending to much time on graphs/stats/analytics and not enough time on actually helping people in business get the right domain name for them?

tim

chris

Top Contributor
Personally I think a strong domain (as part of a brand) is important for B2B businesses as well, so I'd say yes it is important.

what do people think? are we spending to much time on graphs/stats/analytics and not enough time on actually helping people in business get the right domain name for them?

You can do both ;)

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member