What's new

available au domains for registration

dotworx

Hi all,

I've been a long-time observer here but haven't really talked much. :)

For those who don't know me, I am a Sydney-based domainer/developer. I got into the the business in 2007, and have accumulated a portfolio of about 400 names comprising mainly .com's, .net's, IDN's and more recently a bunch of .au's (e.g. debt*com*au, flight*com*au and etc)

I reckon .au is still the wild west comparing to .com. The secondary market has only started to take shape ( thanks to the guys at NetFleet and DomainMarketPlace, and of course DNTrade as well).

While there are so many opportunities in the secondary market, in drop catchings, I found there are also a LOT of opportunities remaining for hand registering domain names.

I am thinking of publishing a piece of information on available domains that I've found on a regular basis. The domains will be keyword domains of commercial value and reasonable search volume, that I've researched and identified, and available for registration!!

I have limited budget and would not be able to register all of my findings, so I am thinking of sharing the information here with the fellow domainers.

Would this be something you'd be interested in?!

cheers
Jeph

soj

Founder
Hi Jeph,

Welcome to the forum, good to hear you lurking around, even better that you've begun to post.

Im sure that a lot of people on this forum will be interested in this information, many members here are still heavily involved in hand registering many .au domains, theres even a few threads on recently regged domains and domains which haven't yet been regged. I guess you'll see the others who come forward that are also interested.

Soj

neddy

Top Contributor
I have limited budget and would not be able to register all of my findings, so I am thinking of sharing the information here with the fellow domainers.

Would this be something you'd be interested in?!

Hi Jeph,

Welcome to your first official post! It will be fantastic to have someone of your calibre making a contribution. With regards your offer of sharing info, I think you will be stampeded.

You've got some great domains, and I admire your foresight.

Cheers, Ned

dotworx

Thanks for the warm welcome and really appreciate all of your comments and feedback!!

I had found a whole bunch of names that were available for registration, but because of this no-resell rule for 6 months from auDa, I am really not interested in holding them for 6 month to be able to sell, neither have I got time for development. But I reckon some of you here would be!

So I will share with them you guys here in a email. Maybe once a day? The email will be sent out at random time of the day, if you happen to be the first one see it and you like the name, you can go and register it.

The only rule is once you register it, you need to report it back to DNTrade. (I'll start a new thread for this.)

How does that sound? Just a little bit of daily fun.... :)

Ultimately the more domain registered, and developed, the better it is for the whole domain market, I guess....

Last edited:

Ross

Top Contributor
good idea

maybe just post the domains on the forum rather than use email.

This will mean more people will be looking at dntrade and hopefully participating. It will make the system more transparent as well.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member