1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Australia's Best Blogger!

Discussion in 'Resources & Success Stories' started by neddy, May 11, 2011.

1. neddy

neddy Membership: VIP

2. sp@rky13

sp@rky13 Membership: Community

Looks to me like she could use an upgraded hosting plan. Heaps slow to load

3. snoopy

snoopy Membership: VIP

"That is enough online traffic to generate advertising revenue and allow for the site to pay for itself, Ms Parkinson says."

Embarrassing. I hate to think how the other 569 are going if "the best" blogger is so good that the site pays for itself. Probably says a lot about trying to make money blogging really.

4. neddy

I would say that following that news article (which was in all major newspapers), her website has been inundated with people like us having a look.

Oh to have that problem. ;)

5. payattention

payattention Archived Member

Best Blogs competition is from a new site started in April 2011 by Valerie Khoo who just happens to write for SMH, The Age and Brisbane Times (where this article is posted).

"Former journalist Nikki Parkinson" is more than likely a friend or a friend of a friend and together they put together this contrived bullshit idea of a competition as if to say the month old site has some real authority on what the best blogs in Australia really are.

Old media once again trying to pass itself off as new media. It's really nothing more than a paid editorial. 25,000 uniques a month and the site only pays for itself? More bullshit because she can't be the best blogger and at the same time be so retarded as to be unable to monetise that amount of traffic.

Last edited: May 11, 2011
  6. FirstPageResults

FirstPageResults Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    she beat problogger in the business category? turn it up!

7. Chris.C

Chris.C Membership: VIP

8. Ash

Ash Membership: Trader

Before reading the comments in this thread, I also just took it that she was being modest/protective of the earnings potential.

9. James

James Membership: VIP

Their is money in girls blogs, I see some of the decks at my work as I work in an Advertising agency..

I think the people who runs Life Hacker/ Problogger would get Millions more traffic and are better bloggers then this lady but sorry to say.

Also her site loads soo bad.

Not even hosted in Australia which is crazy for a AU blog she hosts it in Culver City, California, United States

Last edited: May 11, 2011
  10. neddy

I thought it might have something to do with heaps of people looking at her site due to the publicity?

But not hosting here in Aus does make you wonder .....