What's new

Australian Web Hosting

soj

Founder
We are looking around for web hosting within Australia, interested in either a VPS or Dedicated server. Do many of you guys host some/any of your sites in Australia, I know the price difference between here and hosts in the US are quite large, but this is only for one site (carparts.com.au) so want to have it fast for customers.

Any suggestions would be great. W will probably jump onto a VPS while we are setting things up, then once we go live and start taking orders, will move over to a dedicated, so VPS for about $100 a month, is probably what we're looking at spending for the moment.

Honan

Top Contributor
......., I know the price difference between here and hosts in the US are quite large, but this is only for one site (carparts.com.au) so want to have it fast for customers.

Why would a host in Australia be faster than anywhere else?

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
AUS hosts are alot faster at serving up but it's just so expensive.. I looked around and wasnt overly impressed with the options (maintenance and pricing) and I think the SEO benefits are minimal.

Anyway I ended up going with Amazon AWS.. pay per usage, reliable and scalable which is what I need

soj

Founder
Thanks for that rhythm, I think i may just go with one of my current US hosts then, have never had a problem support wise, or uptime.

I can also say that I have a site ranking no 1 in AU Google and its hosted in the US on a .com domain (do a google search for vl turbo and youll see vlturbo.com in no 1 position, also as an authority site). It did take a while for it to get in there and ranking, but as the topic is specific of Australia, it is very relevant.

snoopinc

I've got a shared Linux hosting account at Netlogistics and it's been reliable.

Also have a reseller account at VentraIP/Cove. Haven't had any issues there either.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo