1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

Australian VPS

Discussion in 'Hosting' started by rensit, Feb 5, 2016.

1. rensit

rensit Membership: Community

I am looking for a VPS based in Australia. I am currently using Digital Ocean and Linode for some of my sites. While I am happy with both of them they don't offer any local data centres.
    I am looking at Vultr. The local plans used to have lower data limits than the offshore ones. Now they are offering the same plans for all regions.
    For a monthly $10.00 I can get.
    Sydney location.
    1CPU,
    1GB,
    20GM SSD,
    2TB data transfer per month.
    They seem to be good value at the moment.
    Any experience with them lately?

Rhythm likes this.
  2. nt81

nt81 Membership: Community

Late reply but I'm 100% using BinaryLane (aka Mammoth Networks) these days.

Awesome elastic servers - So if you need more memory, disk space, bandwidth, IP's, CPUs all you do is request it in the portal, your server reboots and off you go. Options for provisioning servers in Brisbane or Sydney too. Proper KVM too, they have a web based shell console which is super fricking handy sometimes.

I'm also very happy with the level of tech support received. Not that I need a lot but they respond fairly quickly.

Pricing is also amazing. I've been using them for about 12 months now, very solid and user friendly product.

Rhythm and chris like this.
  3. rensit

rensit Membership: Community

Thanks for sharing. Looks good, I may have a look into it.

4. Cooper Mills DomainLawyer

Cooper Mills DomainLawyer Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    Sorry I noticed this today, there are a heap of providers, the first question is what do you want to use the VPS for ? That has an impact on who I would recommend.

5. nt81

nt81 Membership: Community

Vultr is pretty awesome too - I almost signed up but for the money, BinaryLane is winning for me.