What's new

Australian connection to .coms

Tabiteck

Hi,
I have quite a few australian relevant .com sites and was wondering where is the best place to sell them? If I go for the international sites - GD, Sedo, Namecheap etc, I think the value would get lost. Here we usually only look at the .com.au
Any suggestions please?

snoopy

Top Contributor
I don't think there is much of market for this type of name aside from very international tourism names. If it is a .com that doesn't appeal to American or international buyers then it probably doesn't make sense in .com.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
its only large corporations that you see the .com on a regular basis, because that was their easiest option way back then, but i guess flippa would be the place to try and sell a website, good luck

Tabiteck

Interesting, i still see a lot of local domains with just the .com. Cheaper, shorter and more to the point. I know it depends a lot on the domain name.
Well, I shall but try and if I get a good return, will let you know.
Flippa it is then. :)

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
You can also try to contact companies in the same field of business and see if any interest? Just do a google search for the terms

eBranding.com.au

Top Contributor
Interesting, i still see a lot of local domains with just the .com. Cheaper, shorter and more to the point. I know it depends a lot on the domain name.

Most Australian businesses use .com.au. For those serving global markets, sure they may use the .com as their primary url, but the vast majority of Aussie businesses use .com.au, the stats on this are pretty convincing.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Well, I shall but try and if I get a good return, will let you know.
Flippa it is then. :)

Lots of Australian domainers buy .com to sell to US or overseas buyers. Need to rethink things I would say.

Chris.C

Top Contributor
If they are established sites - Flippa.

If they are just .com domains - you might also consider GoDaddy.

xwdomains

Top Contributor
Sedo Gdaddy/Dnforum, flippa is full of wholesale buyers IMHo. also lots of junk for potential buyers to go through.

also contact business owners in the industry see if any interests.

findtim

Top Contributor
australian relevant .com sites
very loose term, as what is relevant?
i agree with almost everything above, and you have attracted some responses from a but of well respected members.
aside from very international tourism names
from snoopy , it really hits the nail on the head.
dubbo.com as an example you should just throw away
i'd personally do research on the .com.au ownership and then pick up the phone, if that doesn't work, put it on flippa etc and email market to what you consider interested parties.
1 member here has done that with a .com.au and did extensive marketing with a good result so if you have the right name and the time and the contacts then it could work for a .com
this is amazing http://screencast.com/t/yoNUUVc71R
tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members