What's new

Australian Company Spends Big On Four Word .Com

snoopy

Top Contributor
I think there is a trend towards Australian companies seeing more importance in .com, in my view this will accelerate if .au comes in and the au story becomes "confused" by having two different endings.

People involved in the industry (especially Ausregistry and Auda) love to complain about the supposed "poor usage" that doesn't involve someone using their extension, but it is a fact.

.com is far bigger competitive threat to the .au namespace than new tlds.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Very interesting to know how Mike Mann goes about getting his info?
Would have to think this company wanted the .com for worldwide recognition of their brand (which makes kinki gerlinki look short as a brand)

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
From the "our story page" ..
The brand name was created using the names family names of the 3 creators, siblings Sissi, Harry and Nancy. ‘S’; Sissi Stasios, ‘P’; Harry Pourounidis and the ‘N’ or now ‘&’; Nancy Toscano. Still a relatively young brand, the passion of this sibling team saw the homewares brand grow to a successful Australian brand within two years of launching.

In 2001 Salt&Pepper was launched to the world when Salt&Pepper joined forces with the expertise of friends and successful homewares companies, Aerts NV in Belgium and EVE SA, Greece. This strong relationship has led to the global success of Salt&Pepper, which can now be found in over 60 countries around the world.
~
Strange none of them have the name Salt or Pepper?

snoopy

Top Contributor
Very interesting to know how Mike Mann goes about getting his info?
Would have to think this company wanted the .com for worldwide recognition of their brand (which makes kinki gerlinki look short as a brand)

Not sure on that. I guess anyone who could figure it out could probably build up a nice little business selling similar names.

He claims to be like a human cyborg so I'd say he has a lot of tolerance for looking thought large lists etc. I subscribe to his Facebook posts.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Not sure on that. I guess anyone who could figure it out could probably build up a nice little business selling similar names.

He claims to be like a human cyborg so I'd say he has a lot of tolerance for looking thought large lists etc. I subscribe to his Facebook posts.
Yes I am a friend of his on facebook but tend to get sick of the same "look at me posts" He doesn't seem to engage on anything there unless it involves him, too busy?

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo