What's new

Aussie HQ Domain Cowboys ?

helloworld

Top Contributor
I have a domain reseller account with Aussie HQ. I got an email a few hours ago saying "thanks for your call please rate us". I didn't call them so obviously I was worried the account had been hacked after the other thread with GoDaddy.

I reply to that and there reply is as follows

"Sorry for the confusion. One of your clients called asking for the EPP
code for domainname.com. That domain is through our account at
ENOM. We used a tool at ENOM to send it to the Registrant Contact email
address. That's the established way to distribute EPP codes.
The domain is linked to your account so when we added the Account ID to
our internal ticketing system it sent a notice to you thanking you for
your call."

I obviously don't have an issue with the client moving away. I make like $2 a domain or something ridiculous like that. My issue is with the fact Aussie HQ took it upon themselves to access my account instead of referring them back to me. My site is synced with Aussie HQ API so any client can request a EPP code but asides from that, had the client contacted Enom I know for a fact they would have been referred back to me. I have an account at Enom but thought I'd be better off having them all in the one place. On top of that, I get no chance to resolve any issues they may have. That part really grinds my gears.

I also take issue with the fact that Aussie HQ had absolutely no way of identifying the client. They said they sent the EPP to the clients hotmail account. Which of course as we know never get hacked Ugh. I mean, who is responsible if they were speaking to a hacker? I'm obviously not going to wear that. It may not be the situation here but it certainly has me worried about more important accounts. Especially after recent threads.

Needless to say I am seriously considering moving all domains away from them now.

"

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member