What's new

auIGF 2014

just a reminder auIGF is on again 26-27 August 2014 in Melbourne at Crown Promenade

Further details are available on the website

There are some great sessions - I am on the auDRP Panel, I think it is well worth domainers attending

It is free for auDA Members

findtim

Top Contributor
thanks for the info and i hope i can make it.

http://screencast.com/t/l1lk5kXjSgM

i'm just really interested WHY i'm a member of auda and a domain name owner but need to pay $75 to attend when someone from the government ( who i PAY taxes to ) can get in for FREE.

students, i agree with, but government ( i know we all actually pay in the end )[but don't throw it in my face ]

from the " outside looking in" it just seems auda really want nothing to do with domain name owners and they just want to run their own show, they don't want members, they definitely don't want members THAT VOTE !!! , they don't want members to come to events as I DID NOT get any notification of this event and NOR did any of my clients who own domains that ARE members of auda.

if i wasn't on dnt and erhan hadn't posted i would not have known, so thank you erhan.

its a travesty , HOW on earth can i be an online business owner that is an auda member and NOT know about this ?+

i'd be VERY interested to hear if other got notification of this.

nobody organises something for the 28th when its the 8th of the month, this should have been known MONTHS ago

there is nothing in the auda section, there is nothing in the networking events section, its just gone under the radar.

so it will be erhan, me and a cat at the crown :)

tim

Hey Tim, auDA members attend for FREE and an email was sent out to all members, check your spam folder.

The reality is that auDA needs views from all stake holders including domainers, and having been on panels i have seen that all views and feedback are provided to the panel to consider

Also remember we now have 3 DNTRADE members on the auda board including me - who would have thought this would have happened 5 years ago!!! The board is now one of the most representative it has ever been.

Also an invitation was sent out to all auDA members to attend the ANZIA's dinner at Crown - are you coming ?

Also here is a copy of the original invite sent to members:

Hello Members,

As you will have read in the members newsletter, last quarter - our annual Australian Internet Governance Forum (auIGF) will be held 26 & 27 August this year, at Crown Promenade, Melbourne. What you might not have noted, it’s free for members!

If you would like to attend, please go to the registration section of the IGF website and sign up.

All you need to do to secure a free ticket, is to select from the drop down menu for ‘Student/Academic/Government’ - this will allow you to book a complimentary ticket. Here is the link www.igf.org.au/registration

Tickets are selling fast, so don’t hesitate - we’d hate you to miss out! See you there.

Kind Regards,
Helen Hollins | General Manager, Communications

neddy

Top Contributor
Tim, I just changed my post - Erhan beat me to it. :)

Apart from the auDA website and Twitter feed, the Australian Internet Governance Forum does have their own website, Facebook page and Twitter feed.

www.igf.org.au

Hot off their "Twitter press" is the fact that Malcolm Turnbull will no longer be officially opening the event "due to Cabinet commitments".

https://twitter.com/auigf

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member