What's new

auDA videos

Shane

Top Contributor
For anyone thinking that the 'close & substantial rule' could be going away any time soon, these videos completely blow that away.

Last edited:

neddy

Top Contributor
I watched the first two videos, and couldn't believe it. No recognition of domainers; or the fact that there is a domain monetisation policy (albeit that it is now to be incorporated into the "close and substantial" policy).

Imo, these videos will lead to increased complaints because "Joe Public" will take the message in there literally.

What about all the sites that don't resolve anywhere - and people just use them for the domain name for an email address in the interim? (Which is allowed under policy provided you don't fall under the domain monetisation model).

What about sites that are parked and don't necessarily have a lot of relevant content on them? Or the Adsense ads don't necessarily relate to the domain name? There are some big operators out there that would definitely fall foul of that first video! :eek:

I have to say that I am really concerned.

Nova

Top Contributor
It's aimed at those who don't know the policy, the general public, so if you're doing the right thing you have nothing to worry about. If somebody wishes to make a complaint there are procedures they need to follow of course (as opposed to just whinging to their mate).

If you are abiding by the policy then any challenge to your right to license a particular domain should be easily defended.

Lucas

Top Contributor
If you are abiding by the policy then any challenge to your right to license a particular domain should be easily defended.

I think the problem with policies that have a lot of grey areas is they are hard to defend yourself against, as they can be interpreted many different ways.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo