What's new

auDA Support Person on upcoming Direct Registration Policy

robert

Top Contributor
I just had a guy low-ball me all morning on a great generic landscaping name (that I bought for development reasons) that he think he "deserves" over and above everyone else in Australia.

Anyway, after I tried to do him a favour with the price, I also mentioned to him (I like to educate all buyers at the moment due to the current market) the fact that Direct Registrations are coming into being.... so he just called auDA on the phone...

This is his latest email to me: (completely unedited)

Hi Robert, have called a guy from auda and he says that is all speculation at the moment. He says at the moment i have just as much chance at being eligable for .au as .com.au does. So Ill go $600 final offer, take it or leave it. I believe this is a fair price in which you would surely make over $400 for an hour or twos work.​

The sheer nerve of this guy has called me to retract my generous offer and now I have raised the price to something more... realistic.

My problem I have now though, is that this guy is saying that people at auDA are telling the general public, when they call up the support line, that ANYONE has as much chance as the next guy, at owning the direct .au when it comes into being...

snoopy

Top Contributor
Here we go.... what "sheer nerve"?

You just told him about direct registration, he called AUDA and they told him nothing is definite, what is the beef? Does he care about .au, I doubt it. Would he like to use that info to argue for lower price, Yes he would!!

AUDA probably just told him it is all speculation and anything could happen. Who cares what AUDA tells people, nobody evens knows about AUDA.

Lastly: why on earth do you tell people about direct registrations? Bit like me telling all inquiries about new tlds, or going to the car dealer and the one you like has a huge sticker "beware: this car is a gas guzzler".

findtim

Top Contributor
the fact that Direct Registrations are coming into being.
robert i know you have read all the info so using the word "fact" is incorrect, the names panel made a recommendation to the board which they passed and that set in motion the implementation panel which has not concluded their findings, thats what you could say but to call the winner of the melbourne cup at the start of the last straight would be ill advised.

however snoopy there are people feeling a little uptight about selling domains and that comes from their belief of which way it will go, and not based on any facts.

as for audas response, i'd say " he said he said and i heard what i wanted to hear.............."

there's just to many "ifs" isn't there?

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads