What's new

auDA still being sued & Slipped into the Red

geodomains

Top Contributor
Hi David,
Interesting read, It appears that power has gone to their heads, some say what goes around, comes around. I will be waiting for the results of the law suit.

Don

geodomains

Top Contributor
Hi James,
Going great, better than Shayne Honey though. I am busy sorting out my domains and have started building the sites again, will be keeping about 500 domains and hope to have them all up and running by middle of next year all going well.
Hoping for better news next year for the economy, as I have a paper loss of $300k with my shares and super, but I can rest easy knowing that I am not alone, still own everything, so can't complain. By the way check out my new toy I bought in May this year at http://www.sealegs.com I have the 7.1m model, I use it to go to Moreton Island 40klm by boat.

Don

JackZ

Hmm- could this be the reason Shayne Honey got the sack? I'm waiting to see what Stewart Carter or Asher Moses can come up with regarding that issue and with this lawsuit to possibly connect some dots. It's interesting to say the least- good post David- how ya going Don :)

james

wondered why my emails were not being returned... are you guessing he was sacked due to auDA being sued or have you got the inside news?

DomainMarketPlace

Top Contributor
wondered why my emails were not being returned... are you guessing he was sacked due to auDA being sued or have you got the inside news?

Court documents raise serious concerns over .Au domain name regulator - auDA Ltd

by Stewart Carter

Documents lodged with the Supreme Court of Queensland reveal a disturbing picture of sharp practice and summary staff dismissals at Au domain name industry regulator - au Domain Administration Ltd (auDA).

The legal action brought by Melbourne registrar - Domain Directors - stopped auDA from stripping the company of a domain name it has been using for 8 years. auDA CEO Chris Disspain ordered that Domain Directors be given just 48 hours to respond before he ordered AusRegistry to delete the name and cripple the company's web-site.
But it was auDA's compliance officer, Shayne Honey, who was summarily dismissed in the wake of the incident.

via http://ecommercereport.com.au/

JackZ

I have heard ont he grapevine that Shayne supplied Domain Directors with an affidavit that supported their claim. That may have hurt auDA's defence. would be interesting to find out all the info

Shayne Honey

Hi James,
Going great, better than Shayne Honey though. I am busy sorting out my domains and have started building the sites again, will be keeping about 500 domains and hope to have them all up and running by middle of next year all going well.
Hoping for better news next year for the economy, as I have a paper loss of $300k with my shares and super, but I can rest easy knowing that I am not alone, still own everything, so can't complain. By the way check out my new toy I bought in May this year at http://www.sealegs.com I have the 7.1m model, I use it to go to Moreton Island 40klm by boat.

Don

Hi Don,

Doing great thanks, was actually looking for another job when all this happened, and had a great extended holiday over xmas, before startingt he job i had applied for before i finished.

And yeah, i am happier where i am now. :)

soj

Founder
Where abouts have you moved to Shayne? Is always good to move to a new job which you can enjoy more.

geodomains

Top Contributor
Hi Shayne,
Good to see you found a job you like, I won't ask what it is. Hopefully its not in PR as I think your talents lie elsewhere. Nice to have an ex auda employee's opinion on the forum and please feel free to post. I think we would all enjoy hearing your opinion on any meaty subjects :D.

Don

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members