What's new

auDA Names Panel Submissions - Closing Soon

Hi guys

I thought I should just make sure you were all aware of auDA's Names Panel call for submissions. Submissions close on 21 January 2011 (less than 3 weeks from now).

I encourage everyone to provide constructive feedback by making a submission.

auDA has requested submissions on many key issues effecting domainers such as:
  1. Monetisation
  2. Eligibility
  3. Misspellings
  4. Domain Licensing / Leasing

All of the details can be found here

It is really important that everyone provide feedback, let auDA know what you think, you can make a real difference.

DavidL

Top Contributor
Submissions closes in 2 days. Make yours right NOW!

Remember you don't have to addresss every issue in a submission - you can even just comment on a single issue you feel is important.

For example something as brief as

Dear Lujia,
I believe that leasing of domain names should not be allowed.
Regards
YourName

would qualify as a submission.

Please do it now. The survey is just one set of results in 1,000 odd. A simple submission carries so much more weight as it's more likely 1 in 10.

If you don't care that much that's also fine. There are certainly much bigger things to worry about in life. However, if you say you do care but can't be bothered to get off your butt to write a 2-line email, don't come back here in a week's time and complain about these policies currently under review ;)

Honan

Top Contributor
As David said
"The survey is just one set of results in 1,000 odd. A simple submission carries so much more weight as it's more likely 1 in 10."

Lorenzo

Top Contributor
As David said
"The survey is just one set of results in 1,000 odd. A simple submission carries so much more weight as it's more likely 1 in 10."

tomorrow I'll send him an email too :)

Last edited:

Ash

Top Contributor
I'm new to the world of domaining so haven't formed a strong opinion on any of the agenda items... maybe you could share a tldr version of for and against on some of the key agenda items?

As it stands, I'm tending towards not wanting the .au second level - but that's a gut feel rather than an informed opinion.

What do you think?

DavidL

Top Contributor
If you read through the discussion paper it sort of covers the pros and cons. Read some of the existing submissions too.

But please make a submission every one is valuable.

We have til 5pm

DavidL

Top Contributor
less than 4 hours to go. Disappointing number of pro-reform submissions published so far but maybe some are still to go up.

Remember no complaints about monetisation policies, misspelling policies, no opening .au, no leasing of domains, no allowing ordinary Aussies to register domains unless you file a submission!

I know I'm being a nag but there is only 1 chance every 3 years. Perhaps forever depending whether an issue is put to bed for good or not...

DavidL

Top Contributor
what do you mean "no Complaints........"?

Cheers
Corey

What I mean is if people come on the forums & complain about auDA policies that are covered in this review, but couldn't be bothered to write a 2-line email...

I've banged heads with auDA more than most. I've been in full-on legal stouches with them and I think plenty of their polices suck. However one thing you can't argue is that they do give us the opportunity to suggest change. We have to seize it (3hrs to go...)

djuqa

Top Contributor
Come on
Send all your comments Good, Bad, ugly
Even if it is only "I agree or Disagree" with one or more of the already posted submissions

Last edited:

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member