What's new

Auda Hacked...

Blue Wren

Top Contributor
oops :eek:

Some nice Tuesday morning work for someone to clean up that mess and establish how it was done.

Blue Wren

Top Contributor
They've cleaned the main part of the issue but the nav bar still says something similar to TWATTER

Image of defaced site here.

Mick

Top Contributor
If this had happened to a registrar shit would hit the fan... but I doubt we'll hear anything from auDA as to how it happened or what they're doing to prevent it, considering they're still using PHP 4.

DavidL

Top Contributor
If this had happened to a registrar shit would hit the fan... but I doubt we'll hear anything from auDA as to how it happened or what they're doing to prevent it, considering they're still using PHP 4.

I think they must give a full and frank account of what happened.

After all they spent god knows how many hundreds of thousands (of registrants' money) in court to take down Bottle Domains after their security breach.

But then again, as we all know auDA answer to no one...

Wonder whether the hackers got every .au registrants details? auDA member details too?

What is PHP4? Very old?

neddy

Top Contributor
I think they must give a full and frank account of what happened.

Absolutely agree David. A full explanation is required.

It's the AGM in Sydney next Monday (which I'm going to), so if no one else asks the question, I certainly will.

findtim

Top Contributor
what do people get out of doing stuff like that? its like graffiti people , they need to spend their time getting some reason for living .

its been mentioned before in another thread that every site should be SSL , but would that have helped ?

tim

findtim

Top Contributor
Membership applications only by fax or mail....

i had to blow the dust off my shelved fax and plug it in yesterday so i could complete a deal , they wanted my signature on their form which i had to print !!!!! then fax !!!

tim

aus11

Top Contributor
i had to blow the dust off my shelved fax and plug it in yesterday so i could complete a deal , they wanted my signature on their form which i had to print !!!!! then fax !!!

tim

Needed to send a form to the Tax Office the other day and they were the same. Fax or Mail - no email. I don't understand why email isn't good enough but fax is... :confused:

fortunately for auDA they are in the process of building a new website. These are the risks of being online, its happened to our website in the past. Nothing is 100% secure online

payattention

Archived Member
Not as big a deal as some are making out. The website was defaced. Some of you then suggest registrant details have been stolen. I'd expect to read such suggestions in the smh.com.au tech section, not on here.

Defacements are an every day thing, that's all this is. No big deal.

DavidL

Top Contributor
Not as big a deal as some are making out. The website was defaced. Some of you then suggest registrant details have been stolen. I'd expect to read such suggestions in the smh.com.au tech section, not on here.

Defacements are an every day thing, that's all this is. No big deal.

Oh OK. I'm not technical at all so assumed that if the visual controls of the site had been compromised, the databases it reads from might have been too.

My mistake if there's aren't connected...

neddy

Top Contributor
Just read this on ZDNet:

PayPal, Symantec hacked as Anonymous begins November 5 hacking spree

The press arm for Anonymous has announced that it has begun its hacking spree for the 5th of November - Guy Fawkes Day.

Claims are circulating that hackers - some affilaited with Anonymous, and some not - have dumped user and employee account information on accounts from PayPal, Symantec, the defacement of Saturday Night Live's website, Australian government websites and much more.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member