What's new

auDA Directors Vote to Give Themselves Pay Rise

Given the job auDA directors have done do they deserve a pay rise?

• Yes

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

Scott.L

Top Contributor
Although I'm opposed at this point in time; I do not oppose Directors from receiving a committee fee for their efforts (re_au Review p:40). However, their must be an appropriate mechanism of vetting their efforts to members.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Although I'm opposed at this point in time; I do not oppose Directors from receiving a committee fee for their efforts (re_au Review p:40). However, their must be an appropriate mechanism of vetting their efforts to members.

It would be a different story if they were running the place properly.

I think the whole thing is very badly timed and a bad look. The place is close to being closed down by the government and they spend their meeting hand out pay rises to each other.

Scott.L

Top Contributor
yeah exactly - is there not a Greater priority to face than paying ourselves to attend a committee - Just look at the CEO report;

upload_2018-5-28_15-38-48.png
well that makes me warm and fuzzy inside. I know exactly what the Directors are being told.

Scott.L

Top Contributor
Transparency = ZERO

Why Josh? Why are they doing this after a previous SGM, Government Intervention, and now another SGM? WHY?

Everyone can see it; The Directors are not acting in the Best interest of the Company [warning] - what they are achieving is the Detriment of the Company [The Board cant cry ignorance after the Fact].ASIC. This belligerence and arrogance is going to be their Dragon. ...election time + SGM great timing. Mitch, are you seeing this?

Last edited:

Scott.L

Top Contributor
its a NOT -FOR-PROFIT company and you can see COMMERCIAL - IN - CONFIDENCE plastered all over the minutes -

...for crying out loud the Domain Name Registration System is like the Number Plate Registration system. The only difference is that minority flappers see content as offensive to their ideological nonsense and so seek to prohibit words and terms [compelled speech and anti-freedom of speech morons] and lets not forget those Legislative brands and terms that are horded by those who feel they have preferential rights to it. whats next, shall the Number Plate Registration system make a policy proclaiming V8 Holden Utes cant have the number plate BUTE or CUTE because its offensive to some gender equality fanatic.

auDA is not a political profit center for private enterprise to exploit; its a friggen not for profit company that should be about the equitable interests of the industry it regulates.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Making news now

https://www.itwire.com/strategy/82986-auda-directors-vote-to-give-themselves-pay-rises.html

auDA directors vote to give themselves pay rises

The recent turmoil at the au Domain Administration, the organisation that manages the Australian domain namespace, does not seem to have hindered the organisation in any way from increasing the remuneration that its directors receive.

While the board, at a meeting in March, kept the fee paid to its independent chair — currently Chris Leptos — unchanged at $70,000 per annum plus superannuation, other payments were increased.

The board resolved that independent directors, apart from the chair, would receive superannuation from April onwards, in addition to the $40,000 per annum that they are currently paid.

In addition, members will be asked at the 2018 annual general meeting to increase the maximum remuneration paid to independent directors to $170,000.

Directors elected in both the supply and demand classes will get $1000 for attending each meeting of directors, and $750 for attending a meeting of a committee of directors. These amounts include superannuation.

The board also resolved to reduce the wholesale price of .au domains by 10%.

A government review into auDA, released in April, found its current management framework was no longer fit for purpose.

Along with the review, the government also released its terms of endorsement for auDA and asked the organisation to provide, within 30 days, an implementation plan to demonstrate how it would achieve compliance with these terms by April 2020. That 30day window ended on 18 May.

Dissatisfaction within the ranks of auDA broke out into the open last month when one member, Jim Stewart, the chief executive of StewArt Media, led a call for the ouster of chief executive Cameron Boardman, Leptos, and directors Sandra Hook and Suzanne Ewart. Leptos has said that the practices of several former auDA directors had been referred to the police in Victoria.

The major irritant was the decision by the board to change Australian domains from .com.au and similar suffixes to .au.

That move has now been put off till at least the second half of 2019. The call for a special general meeting to act on resolutions for the ousters of the officials mentioned above was taken to court and auDA was given until 28 July to hold the meeting."​

Scott.L

Top Contributor
I would expect 'Immediately' it is a critical piece of information relevant to members and stakeholders. The sad fact is, who has been consulted to actually draft a response? it certainly hasn't been members.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
I would expect 'Immediately' it is a critical piece of information relevant to members and stakeholders. The sad fact is, who has been consulted to actually draft a response? it certainly hasn't been members.

auDA seem to have done it internally or even with a PR company again perhaps...

Scott.L

Top Contributor
Should we all look to WHO is receiving the billings from auDA? you know millions have been spent on 3rd party board advisers and look what that achieved. Nothing.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Should we all look to WHO is receiving the billings from auDA? you know millions have been spent on 3rd party board advisers and look what that achieved. Nothing.

Yes. I think this is an issue. If auDA cannot actually manage the job themselves internally they are "not fit for purpose"

$millions have been wasted on PR, avoidable legal costs, Consultants, funding the TL Timor Leste country namespace etc.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Should auDA post their full unredacted written response on the auDA website?
When should auDA post it and make it public?

I would definitely have expected them to do that. If they continue to withhold information from members I don't see how they are going to get member support required for their resolutions.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Almost 2 weeks past their due date to report to the Government - NOT GOOD.

...and in that time they're discussing more money for themselves and taking away future income from those who invested heavily in this market.

I believe auDA met the timeframe to lodge their response. But no one outside of auDA or their PR company know what is in it.

Scott.L

Top Contributor
oh really? the Government timeline to complete the following: auDA provides a written response setting out how it will implement the new terms of endorsement.
I cant see anything on their site - do you have that link?

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member