What's new

auDA chair says ex-directors referred to Vic Police

DomainNames

Top Contributor

All the more reason for the Government to take over the role of management of the .au namespace.

I cannot see any use in spending $ millions of .au consumer money on this unless Consumers see a benefit.

• How much did the PPB investigation and report cost us?
  • What has changed since it?
  • How much claimed money have been recovered if any? NONE?
  • How much is likely to be recovered? NONE?
  • When did auDA refer it to Police? Why delay it until recently or when?
  • What has the Police said about it? Will they be laying charges or not?

Are there other things auDA and Board should refer to ASIC, ACNC, ACCC etc or is auDA Management and Board being selective for their own benefit to retain their own roles and discredit others?

Has/ is auDA tarnishing the reputation of the .au namespace? Is this against the Government letters of endorsement?

Did we see the the 60% lower wholesale price passed on?

No what we are seeing is .au domain name registrant money being continually pissed away with a ti for tat shi$ fight to discredit each other by a revolving door of auDA Management and auDA Directors.

Time to wind it all up.

https://www.auda.org.au/about-auda/our-org/constitution/
"8 WINDING UP

On dissolution of the Company, the right to administer the .au ccTLD must either be transferred on to another entity nominated or approved by the Commonwealth of Australia or, in the absence of such approval, be transferred to the Commonwealth of Australia.

If upon the winding up or dissolution of auDA there remains, after the satisfaction of all its debts and liabilities, any property or money whatsoever, the remaining assets shall not be paid or distributed to the Members but shall be transferred to the subsequent entity approved by the Commonwealth of Australia to manage the .au ccTLD."​

Last edited:

Jimboot

Top Contributor
All the more reason for the Government to take over the role of management of the .au namespace.

I cannot see any use in spending $ millions of .au consumer money on this unless Consumers see a benefit.

• How much did the PPB investigation and report cost us?
  • What has changed since it?
  • How much claimed money have been recovered if any? NONE?
  • How much is likely to be recovered? NONE?
  • When did auDA refer it to Police? Why delay it until recently or when?
  • What has the Police said about it? Will they be laying charges or not?

Are there other things auDA and Board should refer to ASIC, ACNC, ACCC etc or is auDA Management and Board being selective for their own benefit to retain their own roles and discredit others?

Has/ is auDA tarnishing the reputation of the .au namespace? Is this against the Government letters of endorsement?

Did we see the the 60% lower wholesale price passed on?

No what we are seeing is .au domain name registrant money being continually pissed away with a ti for tat shi$ fight to discredit each other by a revolving door of auDA Management and auDA Directors.

Time to wind it all up.

https://www.auda.org.au/about-auda/our-org/constitution/
"8 WINDING UP

On dissolution of the Company, the right to administer the .au ccTLD must either be transferred on to another entity nominated or approved by the Commonwealth of Australia or, in the absence of such approval, be transferred to the Commonwealth of Australia.

If upon the winding up or dissolution of auDA there remains, after the satisfaction of all its debts and liabilities, any property or money whatsoever, the remaining assets shall not be paid or distributed to the Members but shall be transferred to the subsequent entity approved by the Commonwealth of Australia to manage the .au ccTLD."​
Reposting here hope that's ok.

I strongly disagree with the sentiment. I do not want Govt to take it over. This is a "self" regulated org. Giving control to Gov gives them the ability to switch off websites. Let's self regulate. Let's use this as an opportunity to GROW auDA not dismantle it. From my perspective auDA had been working well until the current admin took over. That's why I'm here. After auDA was formed it was awesome, we could get on with business. There have been some annoyances along the way but .com.au is something we could trust. auDA did that. They were too insular though. It felt like a club of sysadmins from the outside but they got things done. Like many here I remember when it used to take 6 months to get a domain registered. Let's not hand this off to Govt. Let's fix this and be proud of OUR namespace. We need to grow the membership not dismantle it. EDIT: No offence meant to sysadmins :)

findtim

Top Contributor
its totally up to the government what they do, we can all have an opinion but the constitution says its their call.

on a lighter note: who wrote this constitution? as a distribution of assets to members would be a nice @ $48k each LOL.

not that i have a say on what the report suggests but i can't see the government having control being a good thing, and right now its a "wait and see"

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members