What's new

auDA Board Elections

neddy

Top Contributor
We're off and racing - auDA elections will be taking place on the 28th November.

Just 3 candidates for Supply Class (2 vacancies) - and 9 candidates for Demand Class (also 2 vacancies).

I've just spoken with Di Parker from auDA (she is the Company Secretary), and she informs me that all candidates are going to be given email lists of members tomorrow. So be prepared to receive a swag of requests to sign a proxy form.

One incumbent auDA Director has already started emailing members with a filled in proxy form. Hmmm. Must have his own mailing list!

Given we are still in racing season, I will be writing a comprehensive form guide on the candidates on Domainer on Monday / Tuesday. I wouldn't sign anyone's proxy until you've had a chance to read that. ;)

Bacon Farmer

Top Contributor
Just how does an incumbent director get a hold of the email list before they are released?

Sounds like a breach of privacy. I guess there's no staff left to stop them?

I wonder if the recent survey information is being also shared around.

I'll wait for the usual non response.

findtim

Top Contributor
hopefully they are using a 2 year old list, comparing it to those still on the auda website , now if they were emailing those members who have recently joined i'd say there would be cause for a "please explain"

we just hope nobody buys the first car in the lot that they see ?
tim

neddy

Top Contributor
For anyone that is interested, I have written an article on Domainer today about the AGM and elections.

Once again, members are being treated as mushrooms with regards certain significant changes. In particular, there is the "Cameron Ralph report" concerning the governance of auDA. This was approved by the Board on the 10th October. I garnered this info from reading through the AGM agenda. Be nice if they told members about it - and posted it on the auDA website. Particularly with an election imminent.

neddy

Top Contributor
For those not aware, Simon Johnson is a seasoned campaigner. Any candidates running against him in Demand Class should not be complacent. He stood unsuccessfully for election a number of times before finally getting over the line.

He is already out there ringing, emailing and cajoling people to fill out a proxy form and send it back to him. To my knowledge, he has already succeeded in getting one such proxy back from a member on here (though the second vote was apparently given to Shane).

To my knowledge, current auDA Directors are also supporting him.

Elections are won not necessarily by the most popular candidates; but by the most organised.

neddy

Top Contributor
I've offered all candidates the opportunity to publish a candidate statement on Domainer.com.au. Their words - no editorial from me.

Teresa Mitchell has her statement up today - she is also standing in Demand Class.

Shane

Top Contributor
Just how does an incumbent director get a hold of the email list before they are released?

Sounds like a breach of privacy. I guess there's no staff left to stop them?

I wonder if the recent survey information is being also shared around.

I'll wait for the usual non response.

Presumably using an old list. It's definitely an advantage (perhaps unfair?) that incumbents have.

findtim

Top Contributor
he'd have last years list, and i have no evidence he email NEW members before the nominations were sent out, fair enough we had to wait an extra day for the list, but thats semantics.
if he emailed NEW members prior to the list being sent out then thats a breach imo
but best to heads down and forget for now
tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads