What's new

auDA Board Election

Hi guys

Many of you may be aware that the auDA Board Election is being held:

Date: Monday 18 October 2010
Time: 11.00am
Venue: Maddocks, 140 William Street, Melbourne

I have decided to run for election to the auDA Board because I believe that Domainers and Small Business need a strong voice on the Board.

I am seeking to make a positive contribution and campaign for among other things:

• Cheaper domain name prices - by having auDA reduce its fees to Registrars;
  • An appeals process to allow registrants to appeal against auDA decisions without having to go through the courts;

Many of you may already know me through my involvement in the Australian Domainer Community, and I seek your support.

If you are an auDA member please complete (every part of) the proxy form available here, and fax it to Maddocks whose fax number is at the bottom of the form. Remember forms must be returned to Maddocks by no later than 5pm AEDST on Thursday 14 October 2010.

Erhan Karabardak
Cooper Mills Lawyers

Simon Johnson

Top Contributor
Vote NOW !

For the record, I fully support Erhans election to the auDA board.

Many of you know me personally and are aware that I am also running for election. The good news for domain investors and small business owners is that there are two spots on the voting form!

I can't stress enough how important this is. To have two candidates stand from DNTrade is a great outcome for the Internet industry - but YOU need to vote. There is no use complaining about auDA policies, if you are not helping to change them!

Now is your chance to make a difference! Time is running out, so download this form right now and send it in!

Simon

soj

Founder
All DN Trade members who are auDA members should get on board and throw these guys a couple of votes, I have met both guys in person and couldn't think of two better people to be putting themselves forward to help out us domainers and small business owners.

I have printed off my form and will be faxing it in this afternoon.

Link

How long does it take for the auDA membership application to be processed?

Is there still time for those who aren't auDA members to submit an application and have their vote counted?

Hey there

If you are interested in joining you can still join (but just cant vote at this election), memberships are usually processed at the monthly board meeting

Cheers
Erhan

DavidL

Top Contributor
Echo above - make sure you vote! Erhan & Simon have my full support.

And, if you aren't yet a member, don't think it's too late so not to bother. It may be this time around but the following election will be on us before we know it so join today!!

How much cheaper you want them?
It would only mean much less income for auDA to administer the names.

Hey djuga
The key thing to remember is that auDA is a not for profit organisation. I dont think I can find a domainer / small business person that wouldnt want to pay less - particularly if you own a number of domains, but care needs to be taken not to compromise auDA undertaking its functions. Balance is important.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
I just filled in my form and put Ernam Karabardak of COOPERS MILLS LAWYERS as the proxy. I then below ticked both Simon Johnson and Erhan Karabardak.

My thoughts are this

1. we need domainers to be a more active and powerful decision making part of all AUDA policies

2. Auda has in the past been " stacked" with many lawyers, Supply ISP's who have for the most part had their best interest at heart. ( lawyers - litigate for domain names and make a fortune even if the names should not be disputed ISP / domain sellers- melbourne IT charged over $100 when I first started buying names the the auda rule was 1 domain per business entity only, no selling allowed etc etc)

Simon Johnson

Top Contributor
I then below ticked both Simon Johnson and Erhan Karabardak.

Thanks for voting! :)

If last year was anything to go on - its going to be VERY CLOSE. It really does come down to a couple of votes. Seriously, your vote could decide whether a candidate gets elected or not.

If you are an auDA Demand Class member and haven't voted yet - time is running out! Post or fax your vote off today, so it gets in by the due date.

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Vote for our members today- no excuses!

I suggest all members pay and vote for these members urgently. We need them to win and get better representation for domainers.

Dont winge or complain about any Auda policy issues if you dont vote. You have not paid for the right!

This is your chance make your vote count now and spread the world.

http://www.auda.org.au/membership/membership-overview/

$22 only! Dont be tight. Invest in your rights and help safeguard your domain name assets.

maybe if you ever get involved in a domain name dispute your membership could come in handy! ( maybe)

Last edited:

TroyW

Top Contributor
I will be following suit and voting for Simon Johnson and Erhan Karabardak. I urge all other voters to do the same - don't split our votes.

Shane

Top Contributor
I've just completed the membership application. Too late for new members to vote in this election though...

Thanks for the support guys. I agree with the sentiments above. We all need to actively and positively get involved in auDA. If we want change then lets get involved and vote for it!

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member