What's new

auDA bleeds 67 years of experience

chris

Top Contributor
Hi All,
It's been a while since I last posted here.
I will not be standing for election to the auDA board this year.
However, I have the following to share for those which are:
https://joshrowe.com/2016/10/21/auda-bleeds-67-years-of-experience/
Cheers

Josh

Hi Josh,

Thanks for stoping by and sharing this. I got the email re Jo Lim from auDA today, I've always found her incredibly helpful and knowledgable - and a great member of the industry and will be missed.

I wish everyone that has left all the best and thank them for their contributions over the years.

Cheers,
Chris

P.S. I've seen realAs getting a good bit of media attention, congrats on that!

findtim

Top Contributor
nice article josh, and you are right about “……board members to encourage “friends” to become auDA members.” , and with such a small membership base its not an expensive exercise to “buy” yourself a seat at the table which is an absolutely appalling situation.
thus more members and more involvement from domain owners in general would make this situation that much harder, but whilst auda do not actively promote themselves this will not happen.

tim

Bacon Farmer

Top Contributor
It would be good to get your support for nominees who oppose the direct registration campaign.

Diluting the vote with multiple nominees is a major concern.

Rhythm

Top Contributor

findtim

Top Contributor
rhythm if you mean koala 's aren't mattresses? i guess tigers don't fly either? but koalas do sleep a lot !
crows, magpies, sharks and sea eagles don't play football !

tim

DomainNames

Top Contributor
Thanks Chris, it's certainly been keeping me busy!

Hi Josh, You normally have some good auDA Board voting numbers. May I ask you;
  • What are your thoughts on the proposed additional .au extension which may "compete" against the existing Australian domain name extensions?
  • For or against another .au extension?
  • How about the process, surveys, auDA and board engagement with the existing 3 million .com.au and .net owners? Are you confident all 3 million existing registrants where provided all the facts, where given the direct contact from auDA and even knew of the surveys or proposed change?
  • Any thoughts on possible conflicts of interest of board members who may make a financial gain from another .au extension and the way they seemingly solicited yes only votes to the survey and media campaigns?
  • Any thoughts on the .co.uk/ .uk and .co.uk / .nz 2015 / 2016 domain statistic results and annual reports? The facts from both reporting bodies in those countries Nominet ( UK) and Domain Name Commission (DNCL)( NZ) show this was their worst year ever for domain name registrations and renewals seemingly in line with the introduction of the additional direct extensions in those countries. Not what they had expected from the surveys and the 2014- 2016 results are clearly against the reasons for introduction of additional extensions they published earlier.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member