• maybe

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I will get a gun and shoot somebody if this happens

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

findtim

Top Contributor
The question for this thread IS:

if auDA announced that .au would be implemented in 20** , would you stop purchasing dropped domains?

tim

snoopy

Top Contributor
Don't buy many. Probably I would halve what I'd be willing to pay though.

.au wouldn't get consumer recognition for a long time.

findtim

Top Contributor
Apart from buying these domain extensions to protect branding, is there any real consumer demand for them?

there will be consumer demand from the people who missed the boat early on and see it as a chance to grab a domain that a competitor already has as a dotcomau

thus taking all their hard work, promotional activity, branding along with them. its just not fair.

and then in the future from that moment it will beconfusing for the potential client of the websites which in business names is called " passing off " which will mean massive amounts of litigation, which will also lead to trademark litigation.

tim

Ashman

Top Contributor
there will be consumer demand from the people who missed the boat early on and see it as a chance to grab a domain that a competitor already has as a dotcomau

thus taking all their hard work, promotional activity, branding along with them. its just not fair.

and then in the future from that moment it will beconfusing for the potential client of the websites which in business names is called " passing off " which will mean massive amounts of litigation, which will also lead to trademark litigation.

tim

Geez that escalated quickly.

findtim

Top Contributor
Geez that escalated quickly.

well i guess i am not hiding my thoughts on the subject am i ?

i have a large bunch of clients who are just honest small business people , localised not globalised, and this concept in its potential form ( and we don't know what it might be ? ) but if its anything like the UK version then there will be "polltax riots" in trafalga sq 1990 ( i was there)

i'm not looking after myself on this issue, yes i have a lot of domains but its more about my clients and what will happen to them if this was to be considered.

tim

johno69

Top Contributor
The question for this thread IS:

if auDA announced that .au would be implemented in 20** , would you stop purchasing dropped domains?

tim

It comes down to what other details are given.

If .au will be an open market, then YES i'll stop buying.

If .au is given as first option to current .com.au or .net.au holders then i'll buy more.

Thus how would I answer this poll Tim?

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members