What's new

.au WHOIS changed prior to review process

Top Contributor
Noticing that the WHOIS data is no longer showing a last modified date..

So much for waiting on suggestions from the public.

http://www.auda.org.au/news/auda-reviewing-whois-policy-open-for-public-consultation/

The policy states that a last mod date is to be present in WHOIS data;

http://www.auda.org.au/policies/current-policies/2010-06/

Some would say this is the most likely reason not many people bother making submissions..i.e because they are ignored, and .au policy changes are made without notice, sans any *proper* policy determination, and at face value, *in spite of* the upcoming policy "review" process..

Top Contributor
Update. Done about 20 more queries, and the LastMod issue looks to be specific to one registrar..

"If" it is specific to one registrar, it raises the additional issues of policy either not being implemented properly and/or a breach by the registrar and ausreg pushing out the WHOIS record without lastmod.

This is a realtime example of the registrar(s) and the registry provider, not being monitored by auDA for compliance to the current policy.

Which relates back to my first point of why auDA even bother having a public consultation process when it is crystal that the current policy isn't being adhered to..

Last edited:

Joel

Top Contributor
I noticed this a few weeks ago on a particular domain I've been involved with. I didn't realise it was registrar specific as the other domains I checked worked fine - it all makes sense now.

This is a realtime example of the registrar(s) and the registry provider, not being monitored by auDA for compliance to the current policy.

Can't say I'm surprised.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members