What's new

.au Dropped Domain Stats

nt81

Top Contributor
I thought I would check in on my site that I've had grabbing the drop list domains every day for the past two years.
It was a bit of a shock to discover that it is almost exactly two years since it started running and sadly, I haven't done very much with it.

I thought it was best to get this out there today because going past the 2 year mark may screw with the stats as we'll be going back through the same domain cycle again.

Stats will be accurate within about 0.5% I'm fairly sure. I have gone to great lengths to ensure that the database is updated every day of the week. So here is the raw data :

.au TLD (Appearing on AUDA Drop Lists) 13-08-2013 to 11-08-2015

Indexed Drops : 882,558
Available : 767,372
Avg Daily Drops : 1,212

Totals by TLD

.com.au = 759618
.net.au = 107865
.org.au = 11883
.asn.au = 773
.id.au = 2418

Interesting to note that the .net.au giant purge should be happening around 03-05-2016 (30-60 days after that?) and I can't WAIT to see just how many of those will be thrown out.

Any reasonable other data sifting requests that I am able to generate, I will happily post up here on request.

Cheeers

findtim

Top Contributor
thanks for those stats, if we look at them it means that @ 8.7 million dollars per year has been wasted through registrations.
tim

nt81

Top Contributor
When you have access to bigger data, you can start playing some more.
Last 60 day's .au domains hitting the AUDA Drop / Delete List.

Not clickable, just an image / snapshot.

nt81

Top Contributor
No worries.
I've been digging into the site a bit more lately in the hope I'll be able to use it to offer services to domainers / domain buyers etc.
With a database of almost 1 million drop list domains now, I've become a bit more active with trying to make a user interface for it.
More news when I have something better to show.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member