What's new

AU Domains Available to Public

Flyyy

Hi All,

You've probably seen the news that on 3rd of October the public can buy even .AU domains which currently have a .COM.AU or NET.AU registered.

The way I understand it, effectively the first dibs rights to .AU domains expire and now everyone can try to buy any .AU domain.

So I assume there will be a mad rush on .AU domains?
What ways will big domainers try to mass register them? I suppose they will try to setup systems to make API calls to their reseller accounts?

Flyyy

Following from that:
What is AUDA doing to keep the market 'fair' on this day?
The way I understand it, because Drop.com.au is a domain registrar they could make thousands of automated API calls in a second and snatch domains before any person could manually register.

I am just mentioning Drop as an example, any registrar would have that ability to outdo even domain name resellers who can also use API calls.

jamesau

Following from that:
What is AUDA doing to keep the market 'fair' on this day?
The way I understand it, because Drop.com.au is a domain registrar they could make thousands of automated API calls in a second and snatch domains before any person could manually register.

I am just mentioning Drop as an example, any registrar would have that ability to outdo even domain name resellers who can also use API calls.
AUDA doesn't care about keeping the market fair.

If you are interested in a .au domain you should bid via Drop.com.au as they are very likely to be first in.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member