What's new

.AU Domain Backorder Service Launched

paz

No, I haven't.

If i owned some domains worth more than $5k I could probably justify paying $50+transfer to have it somewhere safe but I don't see why I wouldn't just pay $20-25 from some of the resellers for a domain that I'm basically just aging.

FirstPageResults

Top Contributor
I am actually disappointed with this service and I don't think highly of it anymore...

A few months ago I ordered the DomainSnapper service for one particular domain and was given a receipt, everything seemed fine... A while later, the domain wasn't renewed and it dropped, but DomainSnapper didn't snap it up, nor did it even try as the name was available for anyone to register!

After confirming that the domain name was the correct one I placed the order for and that it was available to register, I went over to click'n'go and hurridly hand-registered the name and fortunately I got it... It all ended up OK in the end, but I have to ask what the point of DomainSnapper is if it can't actually snap up domains even hours after they have dropped... I was offered a refund on the fee but what irks me is that people who really want a domain name *think* that DomainSnapper gives them a good chance of getting it: If it doesn't then they assume that another servuice must have beaten them to it when it might (like in my case) be just a matter of the Snapper being a Dead Horse rather than a Snapping Croc...

looks like it working today! nice pick up by Shaun

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members