What's new

.AU Direct Sales & Parking

Domainr

I'm fairly new here but managed to pick a couple pretty nice .au direct domains after the priority period closed.

I can't see any marketplaces listing .au directs for auctions or sales, am I looking in the wrong place?
Would love to see how the market is for them at the moment and what I might be able to get if I listed the domains.

I'm also looking for some up to date recommendations for parking the domains.
If I could park them with ads for monetisation while also listed as a sale that'd be best (I see above.com seems to do this).

trellian

Top Contributor
Hi Above.com offers a marketplace for .au and also a parking solution.

If you create an above.com account one of our team will be able to assist with activation of the AboveManaged option that lets you do parking automatically.

Horshack

Top Contributor
I was originally with Fabulous which then went to Parking Crew. Are Parking Crew and Above basically the same?

trellian

Top Contributor
Hi,

Fabulous is using Parkingcrew, so there is no point using Fabulous anymore as they lost their Google feed.

Above is a bit more than ParkingCrew, where you can use your ParkingCrew account at Above for monetization and use Above for Registrar and Marketplace and if you park .com.au then Above provides an auDA compliant monetization service.

So with Above you can chose to still use ParkingCrew directly or use Above to get the added benefits.

Horshack

Top Contributor
I'm a bit confused by this. Do I still need a parking crew account for monetisation or can you just use Above on it's own.

Horshack

Top Contributor
Parking crew seems to have deleted all of my new .au domain names anyway. Has anyone else seen this problem?

trellian

Top Contributor
I'm a bit confused by this. Do I still need a parking crew account for monetisation or can you just use Above on it's own.
At Above, you can use your own accounts at parking services, or if you are signed up for AboveManaged, then you dont need your own parking accounts.

trellian

Top Contributor
What makes a parking service compliant/non-compliant?

Thanks
making sure that we has specific terminology provided by auDA for monetized domain names. This is applicable for .com.au and .net.au domain names.
.au domains name do not have such a requirement and you can do anything with such names.

trellian

Top Contributor
auDA provided the specific wording that had to be used, during one of the complaints reviews where we were the Registrar for. We assume that auDA provided this to all registrars.

Last edited:

Horshack

Top Contributor
At Above, you can use your own accounts at parking services, or if you are signed up for AboveManaged, then you dont need your own parking accounts.
I can't seem to find any information about AboveManaged. Is this only for people with big portfolios of premium names?

trellian

Top Contributor
Hi invite only, but not limited to large ports, just ports that are not doing any ARB and dodgy traffic. Just about every Drop client would qualify and many are already set up with AboveManaged. pm me or our support team and they can activate this.

trellian

Top Contributor
Yes often enough.

1 of 2 things that they need to get:
Either a:
TM that is an exact match
or
Register a business here in Australia, services are available for this, most accountants can do this, offer tax reporting on a yearly basis. If you need help with this option pm me.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo