What's new

.au direct registration question 🙋🏼‍♂️

Oz.

Top Contributor
What’s the deal when an existing (.com.au etc) registrar doesn’t (currently) offer direct registration for .au?
I have some .com.au domains with one such registrar (at least they don’t seem to offer DR) - Uniregistry.

Is it something they will need to introduce at some point?

I know you can get “token” or whatever from AUDA one by one, but it’s a time consuming process when you have a fair few domains you want to apply for direct registrations, and I’m not sure which registrars allow you to use these “tokens”.

For instance, Drop didn’t seem to allow me to apply for the .au domains of the .com.au I have in Uniregistry - there was no where to use the “token”.

I tried this a couple weeks back, so my memory may be poor, or things may be different now.

This whole thing is kinda confusing for me

cheers
Oz

trellian

Top Contributor
Hi Oz,

If the domains are at Uni they have access to the tokens and from my understanding is, if they do not support .au then they must provide you a list of all your tokens in bulk directly. This is something that auDA has instructed the registrars to offer.

So you should be able to obtain your tokens in bulk from them.

Re Drop, we chose not to support .au if your .com.au domain is with a different registrar as the complexity of the process and the development required was not viable. We can however work with you if you transfer your domains to Drop as we can then upload your tokens you receive from Uni in bulk into our platform so that you can then order your .au with ease.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members