What's new

.au.com domains

jhellyer

Top Contributor
Does anyone know about the pros and cons of .au.com domain names, I seem to be seeing them more and more? :confused:

Snooks

Top Contributor
I didnt even realise you had them and if i had of seen one written down somewhere, perhaps an ad or in the paper, i would probably "correct" it to .com.au :(

DavidL

Top Contributor
Yes just a subdomain totally useless

Yes they are subdomains but that doesn't mean thay are totally useless? Why do you say that? RealEstate.au.com doesn't have any value?

And there's no operational difference as far as I know using a subdomain compared with an official ccTLD is there?

so you couldn't use them for affiliate sites etc?

Sure you could. Might be well worth considering as you could get a great (sub)domain for next to nothing. Could be good for Adwords CTR too.

However using them for a big branding campaign might be a bit risky because as Snooks said people may auctomatically try to 'correct' it in their heads. Not a good 'billboard extension' IMO

Netregistry sell them BTW

snoopy

Top Contributor
Does anyone know about the pros and cons of .au.com domain names, I seem to be seeing them more and more? :confused:

These are the fake rolex's of the domain market. Looks like the real thing at first glance, but likely to be totally confusing and probably headed for the bin in 12 months.

jhellyer

Top Contributor
I was looking at them for either affiliate marketing or lead generation for our finance business, certainly not as a brand etc.....might do some more research first? More confused now than before (lol).

djuqa

Top Contributor
Yes they are subdomains but that doesn't mean thay are totally useless?
They could be useful in the short-term, but there is always the possibility that the registrant of the Base domain sells it.
Ask all the disgruntled owners of the nice keyword.web.com names that lost them in an instant when the owner sold web.com back in 2005

jhellyer

Top Contributor
Oh well I have taken a chance and went for the best names in my game for exacts:

homeloancalculator.au.com
mortgagecalculator.au.com
loancalculator.au.com
stampdutycalculator.au.com
taxcalculator.au.com
exchangeratecalculator.au.com

Over 174,000 exact searches a month combined in Australia....fingers crossed lol

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member