What's new

Attn: Netfleet / Drop

Ash

Top Contributor
Do you accept paypal to join your service, or only credit cards?

p.s. one of my biggest peeves on websites is when they don't let you know what payment options are available, and you have to go through the whole registration process just to find out it only accepts credit cards (which i'm guessing you can tell I don't have one). /rant.

TIA

Ash.

Mark

Top Contributor
Hi Ash

Netfleet only accept Visa / Mastercard currently I'm afraid.

We will be rolling out additional payment methods in the near future though.

Good point though - I will get this clearly detailed somewhere...

Cheers
Mark

Drop.com.au

Top Contributor
Hi Ash,

You can fund your account using Direct Bank Transfer - contact support(at)drop.com.au for more details.

Cheers

Andrew

djuqa

Top Contributor
Non Acceptance of PayPal is One of my favourite Beefs as well
I do have Debit/credit cards.A LOT of my clients pay with PP so it is a pain to transfer money to a Card, when I can just use Available PP Balance.

Australia has one of of the highest per capita ownership of PP accounts, yet the supposed "TechHeads" that run Domainer Focused Websites seem to have an aversion to using it.

Luke

Top Contributor
yeah, get a visa debit, can make payments over the net like a credit card but you only have whats available in your account. real credit cards are laaaame.

Ash

Top Contributor
Thanks for taking the time to respond everyone. Will have to look at getting a visa debit card.

Direct bank transfer is a good option to have, thanks for letting me know Andrew.

Would be interested to know the time frame for introducing the other payment options Mark... I would like to start participating in some of the auctions on both services.

I think letting customers know the payment options upfront is just one of those oft overlooked user experience considerations.

Cheers.

paz

Non Acceptance of PayPal is One of my favourite Beefs as well
I do have Debit/credit cards.A LOT of my clients pay with PP so it is a pain to transfer money to a Card, when I can just use Available PP Balance.

Australia has one of of the highest per capita ownership of PP accounts, yet the supposed "TechHeads" that run Domainer Focused Websites seem to have an aversion to using it.

Because it is expensive and unsafe. I've heard too many paypal horror stories to count.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Thanks for taking the time to respond everyone. Will have to look at getting a visa debit card.

Direct bank transfer is a good option to have, thanks for letting me know Andrew.

Would be interested to know the time frame for introducing the other payment options Mark... I would like to start participating in some of the auctions on both services.

I think letting customers know the payment options upfront is just one of those oft overlooked user experience considerations.

Cheers.

what i also like is that no one can steal it and put you into debt , only the money in account can be used , the sooner you do it the sooner your world opens up just a bit more

soj

Founder
what i also like is that no one can steal it and put you into debt , only the money in account can be used , the sooner you do it the sooner your world opens up just a bit more

Most if not all credit cards don't hold you liable if your credit card details are stolen.

I hate PayPal but am forced to use it to accept payments, the fees they charge are quite high, and have had so many problems in having my account frozen, even though I have sent them all the company details several times!

Not only that, selling digital goods you have absolutely NO way of winning any charge backs, so you can get absolutely screwed over quite easily.

WG2010

Archived Member
Debit cards are the worst type of card you can get! I'm not sure why you guys are raving about them so much. The banks might pitch em as a great idea but they're not.

Like soj said, credit cards don't hold you liable if your details are stolen and misused. You can bet your ass the bank is going to do what it can to recover their money. You report it and it becomes their problem. I don't know why Australian's are still so uneducated about their rights and responsibilities regarding credit cards.

Good luck trying to get the banks to take the same swift action on a debit card as they do on a credit card.

You'll be chasing them and if the thieves empty out your account while making purchases, you're really fucked. That money won't be replaced until they've done an investigation because hey, it's your money not theirs and they need to do a thorough investigation of the facts. Planning to pay your rent or home loan installment today? Sorry Sir, there's nothing we can do until the investigation is complete.

You have all these bogans running around talking up debit cards when they have no idea of whats instore for them when Nikolai from Russia gets a hold of their details.

Last edited:

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Bogans ?

i have never had a problem with my debit card and only have the amount i want in it

.....no fees for each transaction unlike paypal

sorry to drag you away from throne

WG2010

Archived Member
Sorry spacey, came back to edit that then as I figured someone is going to think I was calling them a bogan. That wasn't my intention so apologies if I insulted you. I just think people are mislead regarding the benefits of debit cards.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
i am just saying some people find it to be beneficial to have a debit card , $100 floating around for the reasons the op has asked about can't hurt

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo