What's new

Are Tv's Smart Enough Yet ?

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Well another season of the Block is about to start and i could not care less, to the point i am wondering if anyone has a smart tv that can actually block/deny all things to do with a show you don't like or even want to know about. I mean it can also block/deny all ads relating to it and completely block it from appearing on your tv.
~
I know the block is popular with many folk, but i was just wondering if a smart tv can block/deny any unwanted shows ??
~
Interested to know thanks….. maybe there's an app for that ?

snoopy

Top Contributor
Lol not a chance.

This technology has a very long way to go before it is polished, I suspect it will be a good 5 years before these tv's work well. The two I have can barely even play youtube videos. They are tv's with some basic internet and app functionality.

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
Even if i could just block out the tears and fake drama sections on reality tv i would be happy ……guess there would be nothing left after that though !!

Rhythm

Top Contributor
Except for the odd documentary a lot of current tv is mostly garbage including the news. I stopped watching tele over a decade ago and my parents threw their tv out earlier this year (much to my surprise).

I came across a really good blog post on ditching bad television about a month ago that I'm happy to share if anyone is genuinely interested.

Now I do watch online content in the areas of Philosophy, Religion, Science, metaphysics. Decent action/comedy/sitcoms. Good stuff.

findtim

Top Contributor
i prefer youtube......... youchoose

i don't what the news or current affair programs as i don't think that interviewing "the block" newbies is news !!! funny how its not NEWS on the other channels !

i HATEEEEEE, that on a saturday arvo 3pm watching the footy with my 5 year old i get M rated ads for new shows and betting info disguised as commentary.

i think if you timed it from 6pm to 8pm you get @ 24mins of actual tv per hour, the rest is ads and fake news and whats next and whats coming andddddddddddddddddddddddd

tim

Data Glasses

Top Contributor
A visit to my mums will involve three game shows if i arrive at five o clock during the week, she reads lot's but does have her favourites though.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo