What's new

Anyone for pavlova.au?

Erwin

Top Contributor
So I’m walking along Rundle St, Adelaide having my morning caffeine fix and noticed this massive billboard promoting .au! Right in the heart of Adelaide’s busiest intersection (prime marketing real estate) The “get your .au” campaign has started..

9EBCDB95-DD57-424F-9025-2694024A02CD.jpeg

trellian

Top Contributor
Good to see some awareness campaigns in the wild...

though would have thought a clear example at the top of that domain, something like the below would work better:

yourdomain.com.au
can now be:
yourdomain.au

or something like that, to really make it super clear.

Andrew Wright

Top Contributor
So the domain pavlova.au resolves, but I have a couple of questions...

- Why are there no whois details at https://whois.auda.org.au/ for pavlova.au?

Capture.JPG

- There are other interested parties in this domain, ie the registrants of -
  • pavlova.com.au
  • pavlova.net.au
  • pavlova.org.au
  • pavlova.asn.au
Does the fact that this domain is currently registered (by auDA we suppose) mean that pavlova.au is not available for the above domain registrants?

Just curious how pavlova.au can be registered and live really?

Andrew Wright

Top Contributor
Okay - Looks like auDA is the registrant of Pavlova.com.au, based on TM #2237316 "PAVLOVA IS AS AUSTRALIAN AS .AU".

Interesting.

Erwin

Top Contributor
Here’s another..

Attachments

• F806AE12-73A5-412A-9C7E-A471E5107F4E.jpeg
    F806AE12-73A5-412A-9C7E-A471E5107F4E.jpeg
    792.4 KB · Views: 5

trellian

Top Contributor
Not sure when the whois will work, I assume closer to the official launch date.

As for pavlova since the .com.au was the 1st in line in CAT 2, and they own it, they would have instant right to claim the .au.

Andrew Wright

Top Contributor
As for pavlova since the .com.au was the 1st in line in CAT 2, and they own it, they would have instant right to claim the .au.

True - forgot about that. Looks like they have been picking these domain up on the secondary market so the original registration date would apply I guess. Ned wrote about Stoked.com.au on Domainer.com.au

Tom

I brokered the sale of pavlova.com.au and stubby.com.au. I had no idea auDA was the buyer, they lodged their trademark once the domains were transferred to them. It's good that they came straight out and made decent offers and didn't try to delete the domains for non-compliance. I suppose they needed those priority dates and deleting them wouldn't have been helpful.
From a trademark search they are also basing their marketing campaign around the words stoked, gummy (as noted above), cold one and freckles.

DNTradeBroker

Hey Tom it was great working with you in getting the deal done on Stubby.com.au. It's always great for the community when sellers and brokers can get a deal done!

Nathan

Reactions: Tom

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads