What's new

Anybody get on .nz?

jamesau

Just curious if anybody jumped on the .nz general registrations? I envisaged there would be more discussion. Obviously it's a small market but it seems like there were some good opportunities to be had.

I wonder whether now is the best time to pitch end users while it's still fresh?

eBranding.com.au

Top Contributor
I don't see it as a good opportunity personally, but rather a waste of money.
As you say, it's a small market. I haven't seen .co.nz domains hitting good prices in the past, even tier 1 terms seem to go pretty cheap.
There's still so much available for reg fee in .co.nz, so I highly doubt that .nz will be a gold mine for investors. Not a great extension for investment imo.

zhenjie

Top Contributor
I picked a handful of .nz that weren't reserved and quite happy with them. More for developing rather than holding on to resell as the market isn't that strong.

My best domain sale as still been a .nz though :)

johno69

Top Contributor
I grabbed a couple. Only because one is my next big thing and the other was banknotes.nz to go with my banknotes.co.nz.
I'm not much of a domain trader as such, so won't be buying for that purpose.

findtim

Top Contributor
population in 2013, 4.4 mil
divide by major cities, lets say ? 5 but maybe another 10 subs really restricts potential for a KEYWORD domain name IMO
the great ones like realestate, cars etc will be all held/gone.
a waste of money, instead of buying some .nz's buy a GOOD .com IMO
if making money is your interest and if you can't afford a good .com then read the other post about the .au potential.
tim

Sim

I only registered a couple of .nz where I already had the .co.nz and wanted to protect my brand.
Not really interested in them from a trading point of view - I think the market is too small.

snoopy

Top Contributor
Just curious if anybody jumped on the .nz general registrations? I envisaged there would be more discussion. Obviously it's a small market but it seems like there were some good opportunities to be had.

I wonder whether now is the best time to pitch end users while it's still fresh?

A lot of new tlds do best at the start so I'd say now is definitely a good time to be trying to get sales, especially from the matching .co.nz owners.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member