1. Welcome to DNTrade. If you want to find out about the latest domain name industry news or talk, share, learn, buy, sell, trade or develop domain names - then you've come to the right place. It's a diverse and active community, with domain investors, web developers and online marketers - and it's free! Click here to join now.
    Dismiss Notice

any way to see Reserve

Discussion in 'Netfleet.com.au' started by Alex, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Alex

Alex Membership: Community

Is it possible to see what the reserve is on a domain being auctioned at Netfleet?

:confused:

2. Blue Wren

Blue Wren Membership: VIP

WHOIS it and send them an email?

1 person likes this.
  3. DnEbook

DnEbook Membership: VIP

It would save a whole lot of wasted bids, if you wish to go over or match the reserve ...... you can. I think better for seller and buyer as a whole

4. Philip Littlewood

Philip Littlewood Membership: Community

Maybe another option - like with propoerty is that the Seller could suggest an Opening Bid - it may be lower than Reserve, but at least help to kick things off (if there is ever going to be genuine interest)

1 person likes this.
  5. snoopy

snoopy Membership: VIP

I don't think there is many sellers who would like the idea. For the sellers who want to (translation: nobody), they could just add it to the listing text or post it here.

6. DnEbook

Seems like Alex who opened the thread would like to know, i feel the same. The buyers are also part of the equation of the domain selling process at netfleet

7. snoopy

snoopy Membership: VIP

Of course buyers would like to know.

How about this, buyers can see the reserve and sellers get to see what buyers have set their proxies at? That way everyone knows the best price someone can do a deal at.

8. DnEbook

If the sales price was not acheived perhaps the closest proxy could be contacted by the seller ? Although i do like the idea of keeping it simple and straight forwards.

9. Alex

Alex Membership: Community

I personally have never auctioned a domain off so am very new to it from a seller perspective. This is really the first time I have been after one on NetFleet

Would prefer if a reserve is set it should be indicated. Think this would make more sense for NetFleet as well. All I am gonna do now is contact seller after the fact to see what their asking price is.

10. findtim

findtim Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    well then the question is that is it a buyers market or a sellers market? i say its a buyers market.

tim

11. pacifier

pacifier Membership: Trader

auDA Member:
    Yes
    You put your best bid and you'll find out if you reach reserve or not. If you don't it is most likely that you won't bid more or will end up overpaying for the domain. I don't see how this will affect your bidding and what benefit will give you to know the reserve.

12. DnEbook

If the reserve is higher than he wants to spend he can look elsewhere

13. findtim

findtim Membership: VIP

auDA Member:
    Yes
    this conversation keeps coming up time and time again but just with a new title for the thread.

Chris C. has been at this subject for a long time and has bought up some good points which i will try to get right so I will speak for myself not Chris C whilst using his knowledge :)

1) if someone is just $1 under reserve then why can't there be mediation?
    2) you have to bid your best price but if you are close why can't we have access to some form of contact as a secondary step to completion ? ( on that point i posted "they had their chance and thats that" but now i think we need to go into a more realestate market place. NO auction for a house lets a "close bidder" leave !

3) NF is losing out big time, they know who is bidding and they know who JUST missed out on both sides.

4) its not worth NF's fee to stuff around with this if its a $400 domain

and to hold my post to the thread, there are no auctions that i know of that give you the reserve? its called BUY IT NOW - X

tim