What's new

Any rules against automated bidding systems?

zhenjie

Top Contributor
Are there any rules which forbid users to use automated bidding systems that bid on their behalf. Basically I want to make a bot that places bids for me at the time I set.

Drop.com.au

Top Contributor
Are there any rules which forbid users to use automated bidding systems that bid on their behalf. Basically I want to make a bot that places bids for me at the time I set.

No rules as such but the Drop Platform is designed to deter Snipe bidding.

From our Auction Instructions:

Our auctions include a couple of features designed to provide a more even playing field to our customers, by
a) deterring snipe bidding, and
b) alleviating concerns that bidders may have regarding "early" bidding and the subsequent potential to highlight domains to their competitors.

Hidden Bids
The Drop.com.au auction platform hides all bids until more than one bidder is involved in that domain auction.

Extended Auctions
Our extended auction feature is designed to minimize any benefit previously gained from last second bidding or “snipe bidding”

IMPORTANT: The DROP auction ends at 12:54PM AEST. Where any domain receives a bid in the final 5 minutes the auction will be extended a further 5 minutes. A domain auction may be extended only once until the final extended auction close at 12:59PM AEST.

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacemo