What's new

Any rules against automated bidding systems on NF?

zhenjie

Top Contributor
Are there any rules which forbid users to use automated bidding systems that bid on their behalf. Basically I want to make a bot that places bids for me at the time I set.

findtim

Top Contributor
AAAHH, now i remember what i was goign to say !

TODAY, ( i wasn't bidding) but for some reason i noticed the nf clock was different to my laptopsssss and also my mobile phone

the laptops times come from optus, my mobile time comes from telstra
i had netfleet i one screen and drop on another, they were slightly out, maybe point-somthing of a second

so the auctions ended and my laptops didn't clock over 1pm for 40seconds as i ACTUALLY counted it, my iphone didn't clock over till @ 55 seconds so its 1 minute behind.

SO if you are goign to go down this path you will really want to make sure you are in tune with nf and drop and NOT your ISP

tim

AnthonyP

Top Contributor
Are there any rules which forbid users to use automated bidding systems that bid on their behalf. Basically I want to make a bot that places bids for me at the time I set.

We do not have a rule allowing automated bidding systems.

In theory I am against automated bidding systems as they can create an unfair advantage but in reality it is impossible to prevent them if it is impossible to detect them, so if the bot acts like a normal user then we might never notice.

Our system is changing in the very near future so a bot will need to be updated whenever this occurs.

AnthonyP

Top Contributor
AAAHH, now i remember what i was goign to say !

TODAY, ( i wasn't bidding) but for some reason i noticed the nf clock was different to my laptopsssss and also my mobile phone

the laptops times come from optus, my mobile time comes from telstra
i had netfleet i one screen and drop on another, they were slightly out, maybe point-somthing of a second

so the auctions ended and my laptops didn't clock over 1pm for 40seconds as i ACTUALLY counted it, my iphone didn't clock over till @ 55 seconds so its 1 minute behind.

SO if you are goign to go down this path you will really want to make sure you are in tune with nf and drop and NOT your ISP

tim
The auctions actually end at 12:59 not 1PM could this be the cause of the large discrepancies you are seeing ?

findtim

Top Contributor
The auctions actually end at 12:59 not 1PM could this be the cause of the large discrepancies you are seeing ?

YES, for some reason i thought they ended at exactly 1pm? maybe people just say that becuase its easier then saying twelve fifty nine?

so based on that and drop confirmed as well then theres only a few seconds between my clocks and nf / drop

but i watch your clocks not mine, my point still remains for autobids and getting the timing correct

tim

Community sponsors

Domain Parking Manager

AddMe Reputation Management

Digital Marketing Experts

Catch Expired Domains

Web Hosting

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members